twenty

author's note: I recommend you listen to this song while you read this chapter-- enjoy!

~

"But I don't wanna go home!" Hermione whined, as she laid herself down the dewey grass of the courtyard and giggled.

Draco watched her giggle for a moment and then she paused. He found the bouqet of roses untouched and still on the bench so he picked it up.

"Hermione," he called as she turns her head to him, still laying under the grass. He reached out his hand with the bouqet, signalling he's giving it to her.

Hermione couldn't help but smile at his lovely gesture and said, "how did you know my favourite flowers are roses?" And he only shrugged.

"Wanna go home?"

"Hey, why are you wearing quidditch robes?" Hermione asked with a coarse voice.

"We practiced for the annual quidditch league. Fighting against the gryffindors soon this fall."

"Goodluck then," said Hermione, making Draco chuckle. "Why would you say goodluck to your opponent? I'm against your house"

"Because gryffindor's gonna kick your ass! Boom!" she grinned, as Draco tried to ignore her. "Come on! I wanna see you play!" She sat up from the grass and pulled him.

"Stop, Granger we already returned the case for quidditch."

"Then let's use a rock! Come on, let's go get your broom!" She stood up, frantically pulling his arm.

"It's in the locker room at the quidditch field."

"Such a killjoy" she pouted, crossing her arms. "Well, what do you want me to do? Go grab it whilst we're here in the middle of the night?"

Hermione playfully nodded and grinned.

Though Draco pursed his lips and nods, finally agreeing to go to the quidditch field.

They had sneeked up from Filch and Mrs. Norris who was roaming around the school and headed straight to the field.

Hermione hasn't been to the slytherin's locker room before. Draco opens up his locker to pick up his nimbus two thousand and one, then headed to the open field.

The lights were open because Nott and Blaise forgot to turn it off before they left so it was already a perfect chance for Malfoy to show off.

"Accio pebble!" Said Hermione, and with an open palm a pebble had come up to her hand.

"All set, Malfoy! Whenever you're ready!" Hermione smirked, raising her hand with a pebble, Draco mounted his broom and at the count of three, Hermione casted the spell on the pebble, "flipendo!" And the pebble came flying all the way in the air.

With a quick steady movement, Draco caught the pebble.

Hermione was impressed with him and so she clapped her hands. "Impressive"

"Come on, that was easy, the pebble wasn't really that hard to find"

"All right then," Hermione took the challenge, taking out one of her small pearl earrings she was wearing and showed it to Draco. "How about this one? Small enough for you?"

"Let's see then" Draco rose up and flew on the other side of the field beside the three hoops so he would be far away from Hermione as possible.
Hermione then again rose her hand up holding the earring and casted, "flipendo!" And it went right up in the air, Draco zoomed fast to catch it but then the earring was already starting to fall down, so he had to fly quicker, before it reaches the ground.