Open Your Eyes

I lay in bed replaying over and over again what happened yesterday

"You're dead to me!"

I'd never seen Danny so angry.

After Eric left I didn't leave my room for the rest of the day, and he didn't bother to come check on me. At some point I heard the front door slam, so I assumed he left to hang out with his girlfriend.

I turned my phone off and placed it in my drawer so I wouldn't be tempted to touch it. I just needed a break from that thing.

My curtain stayed closed; I didn't want to tempt myself to look into Trevor's window.

"I hate you!"

God, I couldn't get the sound of Danny's voice out of my head.

A knock sounded at my door. I sat up in bed when mom poked her head into the room and smiled.

"Hey, sweetie." She stepped in and closed the door. "How are you feeling?" The bed dipped as she sat on the edge.

"I've felt better," I shrug.

"Do you want to stay home today?" I could see in her face she wanted me to go to school, but she was just trying to be nice.

"Nah, it's cool. I have a lot of catching up to do."

"Alright, good! Get dressed. School starts soon." She stands and yanks open my curtains filling the room with light. I groan while she happily stands and skips out the room.

I keep my outfit simple, not really feeling like drawing attention to myself. I place my jean jacket over my black hoodie and grab my bag to head out.

I remember my phone is in the drawer and turn back to get it. After closing the drawer I look up and freeze. Trevor tried to smile, but it looked more like a grimace. A shiver runs through my body, and I curse myself for causing these issues. He brings his hand up and waves.

I smile in return and stiffly lift my hand. He picks up his phone and lifts it to his ear. He mouths the words, "Talk on the phone."

I shake my head sadly, and grip the strap of my bag tightly. He frowns and slowly drops his arm. I sigh and turn, leaving my room.

 I sigh and turn, leaving my room