xlvii.

Sam and Dean are in the front seats of tbe Impala, you were lying down in the back with a blanket over you. You were exhausted, but couldn't sleep. You watched as the forest trees passed by the window, your head fell onto your right shoulder enough to put Dean in your view. You couldn't help stare at him, you cared about him so much.

Dean was so handsome, and cared so much about his family, and yet he thought so little of himself. He played it off with humor that he's vein but you can see it in his eyes, when he looks at his arm, in the little pieces. When you just lay there together. You just wanted his presence. You liked how his eyes lit up when his favorite song came on, the way his tough presence goes soft when he sees you. You wanted to be around him any chance you had.

Suddenly your body lurched forward from Dean stopping abruptly.

"What's going on?" You asked, sitting up, out of the front window you were met with a horrific scene.

"What the hell happened here?" Dean said, getting out. You and Sam followed suit with getting out of the car and walking toward it. Bodies were laid across construction equipment. There were cop cars parked around it, all with open doors and radios at full volume, seats stained with blood. The workers and cops were all bloody, Sam went to check a man's pulse but you knew.

"They're dead." You said, and Sam backed away again. Behind you, you heard a shuffling of feet.

"Hello?" Sam asked the what looked like a survivor of the attack. But you got a horrible feeling, you saw the way his skin blinked between dark clouds and solid skin.

"Oh, that's not a happy sight. Hey, easy, buddy. Just stay cool till we figure out what's going here, okay?" Dean said, grabbing my shoulder and pulling me behind him. He was getting the same feeling you were about the creepy guy approaching, "Kind of narrowing my options here."

"We don't even know what he is." You whispered into the Dean's back. He seemed to have heard you, alarmed by when you said "What."

Out of seemingly no where, a lady deputy shoots the creepy guy from behind and points her weapon at the three of you. Immediately you rose your hands in a non-threatening way. The woman was pleasant looking with dark hair and light eyes, she seemed young, around early 20's but her face was that she'd seem some shit.

"Weapons on the ground. Slow." She ordered, noticing Dean's gun that he had removed from his pants earlier just in case. Sam also removed his gun. She focused her gun on you, pumping it in preparation, "All of you."

"Whoa, whoa, whoa, whoa. Easy, officer. We're FBI, okay?" Dean s shoved you further behind him, "She's unarmed. We got badges."

"Don't." She warned him not to make another move, "Show me some skin."

"Huh?" Dean looked vaguely disgusted.

"What?" Sam even more confused.

"All of you." She said, motioning for you to come out from behind Dean.

"Is this, like, a 'Magic Mike' moment?" Dean asked, thoroughly confused.

"Your throats!" She clarified, now slightly embarrassed. You looked at a body laying next to you. His throat was covered in black veins.

"Oh, you think we're -- we're-" You made the connection but couldn't think of a name, and stepped out from behind Dean, "Look, we don't even know what these are."

"I need to know you're not one of 'em." She tightened her grip on her shotgun.

"One of what?" Sam asked.