Dos

We were in the boats on our way to the magnificent castle.
"Hey Cass lets do something, lets break the family name and get sorted anywhere but Slytherin"
"I don't know Siri, I mean my parents scare me, I..." I sighed, I knew that if I got sorted anywhere but Slytherin I was going to be disowned. I didn't want to be Slytherin, but I needed to be in that house.
"Come on! You are no Slytherin dear cousin, we both know it." I nodded reluctantly and Sirius hugged me, although I couldn't be more scared.

                                     🌑🌑🌑

The great hall was amazing. Cassiopeia was speechless as she walked down the hall between the houses' tables. She looked over the Slytherin one and saw her two older sisters nodding at her with a smile. Her stomach churned, she wasn't ending in Slytherin.

After a welcome from professor  Dumbledor, and a couple of names dictated by profesor McGoneggal, the moment she dreamed and dreaded the most came:
"Black, Cassiopeia"
She started walking with her head held high to the front. Her hair was turning white from fear, but she quickly shook it off.

The hat was placed on her head and instantly started speaking in her mind.
"Ohh a Black. The youngest of four. You want to be in Slytherin just for your family, but let me tell you, you are no snake. You have eagle traits and of course, you can roar like a lioness. That's why I'm sorting you into..."
Suddenly, the hat stopped speaking inside her mind but rather screamed for the whole great hall to hear
"GRIFFINDOR!"
She froze in place, no one clapped. Everyone stared at her in awe. Then, she stood up and heard someone clapping from the Slytherin table, Andromeda. The Griffindor table clapped along and then Ravenclaw and Hufflepuff. She sat down besides Viktoria Akram, a second year.
Then, she heard another "Griffindor" and another uncomfortable silence. It was her cousin.
"Well, well, look at this cousin, we broke tradition"
She just stared at him while an owl entered the great hall and placed a howler in front of her.
"Fuck! Sirius! How did she know!!" Cassiopeia then looked at her sister Narcissa, she just looked down ashamed.
"It was Cissy! Fuck I knew that bitch..."
"Hey, calm down, open it before it explodes"
Everyone had been sorted and Cassiopeia decided to open the howler.

"HOW DARE YOU GET SORTED INTO GRIFFINDOR YOU SCUM! WE PUT OUR TRUST IN YOU AND THIS IS HOW YOU REPAY US??? YOUR SISTER BELLA IS GOING TO BE VERY DISAPPOINTED ON YOU. JUST WAIT UNTIL CHRISTMAS BREAK, WE WILL SEE WHAT HAPPENS TO YOU FILTHY BLOOD TRAITOR."

And then, the howler became ashes.

"Shit" mumbled Sirius shocked at the harshness of his aunt
"This is all your fault, this is all just so fucked up"
"I know"
Remus, James, and Peter stared at her in awe. She didn't cry nor cringed at the Druella's loud voice, she only stared at Sirius with an angry expression and fiery red hair.

"Cass, are you ok?" Remus was the one that broke the tension. Sirius silently thanked him for saving his arse.
"I'm fine Remus, thank you. I'm just going to walk to the Griffindor common room"
"Cass, you don't know where it is, and you don't know how to go in" he stated matter-of-factly.
She sighed and stared at her plate full of food. Remus gave her a piece of chocolate and smiled.
"Thanks, I'll be fine." She said mostly to herself.
The night slowly came at its end, the prefects lead everyone to their common rooms.

The Griffindor common room was nice and cozy. It had a fireplace and small couches all over the place. There were some desks and everything was either gold or red or both.

Cassiopeia met two girls who became her friends rather quickly. Marlene, whom she already had talked to in the train, and Lily who was a muggleborn wizard, but quite clever.

They spent hours talking about classes and boys and magic. Soon they fell asleep.