The Art of Courting- Chapter Twenty Six

Took me a while but this story is officially back on track! Expect this to be finished in around seven-eight chapters, haha :)

CHAPTER TWENTY-SIX

You loved me and I froze in time

Hungry for that flesh of mine

But I can’t compete with the she-wolf, who has brought me to my knees

What do you see in those yellow eyes?

‘Cause I’m falling to pieces

I’m falling to pieces

Falling to pieces- She Wolf (Falling to Pieces) by David Guetta, Feat Sia

When Chelsea returned from her little escapade with her best friend, she was redirected from her house straight to that dreaded hospital. It felt like she’d spent years in that place. Sadie met her in the entrance and directed her to the room where Allison, of all people, lay.     

            “Artemis!” her father called as soon as he spotted her. “I’m never letting her ever leave the house again! This world is full of weirdoes!”

            You’re one of those weirdoes, Dad…

            “What happened?” she asked, only to be approached by a man she vaguely remembered. Doctor Harry Inez had pretty much become their personal practitioner and he smiled tiredly at her as he walked out of the hospital room.

            “Miss Pierce has broken five ribs and fractured a wrist and an ankle. She had extensive bruising throughout her body. These injuries have, we suspect, been caused by domestic abuse.”

            “Domestic abuse?” Chelsea repeated. “By her boyfriend?”

            “Yes. Duncan Bradford has been taken into custody and is currently waiting for bail. Though, I’ll get Officer Fisher to explain the details to you later. First, I need Miss Pierce’s closest guardian to sign some paperwork.”

            “That’s you, Dad.”

            Henry O’Hara jolted in surprise before nodding and following the doctor into his office. His daughter took this time to finally walk in and see how her adoptive sister was doing. The sight was worse than she thought it would be.

            Ally was covered head to toe in bandages, the ones not on her face showcasing the dark purple bruises that covered her. Her breathing also seemed a little labored and she was hooked up to all shorts of machines and tubes. Beside her sat Chelsea’s only brother, Will, who was cradling his daughter in his arms. There was a haunted expression on his face and she realized it was probably because he was terrified of loosing another person who was close to him. Will O’Hara was still traumatized over his lover’s death that occurred during the birth of their child. 

            “Is her coma medically induced?” she asked her sister, knowing that Will wouldn’t answer.

            “Yeah. It’s to help her body heal itself without interruptions, apparently.”

            Chelsea frowned with a grim expression on her face. “Do we know when she’ll be off the meds?”

            “No, not yet.” The two siblings managed to perch themselves in the available sitting places and then sat in silence, awaiting for their father’s return.