53| mourning

"Does it look like anyone here is even remotely okay?"

Y/N POV

Days passed, then weeks. The whole wizarding world was in a very difficult time of mourning. Everyone was left in their minds, rarely did anyone speak. Only quiet whispers remained.

I made my way to the Girls Lavatory, and stepped before the large detailed mirror. My disheveled hair covered the dark circles under my eyes, and you could barely make out their color. You could easily notice the tear streaks under my eyes as well. I could barely recognize myself. Who was I?

After 5 seconds, I couldn't look at myself anymore. I immediately turned around and left without another glance. I couldn't bear facing the person whose parents became Death Eaters. I couldn't face the girl who never helped. I couldn't face the girl who once smiled with joy, and is now broken beyond belief.

I thought back to first year when everything was as simple as can be. Look how far we've come.

I didn't notice I was walking so quickly until I ran into someone as I entered the hallway.

My books went flying, and slammed onto the floor. They sounded like thunder compared to the silence of the students—which stopped the entire hallway. I even jumped a little myself.

"Sorry." I mumbled, swiftly picking up my books that had fallen.

I didn't even care who I ran into. I never once glanced up at them. Well, until I felt a large, warm hand place itself on my shoulder. For a moment, just for a small moment, I thought it was him.

My eyes quickly darted towards the boy, hoping it was Draco coming back to say he was sorry. That he still loved me and he wanted to help me. But......it wasn't.

"Hey, are you okay?" Ron asked, sending me a comforting smile.

I exhaled deeply, letting my eyes trail back onto the ground. My thoughts vanishing.

"Does it look like anyone here is even remotely okay?" I said, looking around at the body of students slugging through the hallway.

Ron looked around, and his face dropped.

"Look, I know it has been rough, but we can all get through this. Together." He said, trying to calm the tension.

Little did Ron know, this wasn't just about Dumbledore. This was about my parents and Draco, also. The whole wizarding world is going to come down in flames and I have no idea what I'm going to do to stop it.

As if Ron could sense my tension, he quickly pulled me into a big, warm, bear hug. I hesitated for a moment, but only a moment. I then slowly wrapped my arms around his torso and rested my head on his chest. Ron was always like a big brother to me. And he never once failed to make me feel better.

The moment was perfect, I almost forgot what was going on. And we stood like that for a while—not caring about anything but the comfort of each other.

I must say, his hugs were the best. Those big-brother hugs that make you feel protected and safe. Those were the best kind. But, they weren't as comforting as the hugs Draco gave me. But he's gone.

"What do you say we meet Hermione and Harry up in the Astronomy Tower?" Ron asked, pulling away.

I hesitated with my answer. The last time I was in the tower was when.........it happened. But Ron not Hermione knew I was up there with them.

"S-sure." I stuttered nervously, grasping my books in my arms.

Ron gave me a sympathetic look and intertwined our fingers, leading me up to the Tower.

───────────────

"Do you think he would have done it? Draco?" Hermione asked, looking out at the view.

I looked up from the floor and met eyes with Harry.

"No," Harry began. "No, he was lowering his wand. In the end, it was Snape. It was always Snape."

There was a silent pause.

"He was standing right before me and I did nothing." Harry said, folding his hands together and leaning off the balcony.

He then pulled something out of his pocket and gave it to Hermione. It was the Horcrux.

"It's fake. Look inside." Harry said, as Hermione began to open the necklace.

She carefully unwrapped the paper inside and handed it to me. I began to read:

"To the Dark Lord. I know I will be dead long before you read this, but I want you to know it was I who discovered your secret. I have stolen the real Horcrux and intend to destroy it as soon as I can. I face death in hope that when you meet your match, you will be mortal once more.
-R.A.B.

"R.A.B.?" I ask.

"Don't know." Harry said and shrugged. "But whoever they are they have the real Horcrux. Which means it was all a waste. All of it."

I sighed and handed the piece of paper back to Hermione and walked over by Ron and leaned on the wall.

"Ron's okay with it, you know. You and Ginny. But if I were you, when he's around, I'd keep the snogging to a minimum." Hermione whispered to Harry.

"I'm not coming back, Hermione. I've got to finish whatever Dumbledore started. And, I don't know where that'll lead me, but I'll let you, Ron, and y/n know where I am when I can." Harry said.

"I've always admired your courage, Harry. But sometimes, you can be really thick. You don't really think that you're going to be able to find all these Horcrux's by yourself, do you?" Hermione asked.

I looked over at Ron and then back at Harry and Hermione.

"You need us, Harry." I said from behind him.

He smiled at me and then turned back around to look out at the view.

"I never realized how beautiful this place was." Harry said, examining the entire atmosphere of Hogwarts.

Just as he said that, a Pheonix flew past us. The four of us slowly walked towards the railing and watched as the beautiful bird soared away in the sky. It reminded me that if we were in this together, we will be able to end the evil once and for all.

End of Sixth Year.