Imagine #9 (Pregnancy Test)

You and your husband, Carisi, had been trying to get pregnant for almost a year now. You've visited doctors to find out what was wrong but there wasn't a clear answer. Some of them said you were infertile and others said there were no problems at all. This was your last try before finally giving up and possibly considering adopting.

Carisi was at work when you decided to take another pregnancy test. It was also his birthday so you were praying that it would come up positive this time. This would be the best birthday gift he'd ever receive.

You walked to the bathroom and took the test. You were so nervous that you began to shake.

"Please, please, please.." You whispered to yourself

"Let this be the one." You said again

You couldn't even stay in the bathroom while you waited for the test because it made you so nervous.

A couple minutes went by before you decided to finally walk back into the bathroom. You braced yourself for it to show "Not pregnant."

Tears began to fill your eyes as you looked at the test.

"This can't be real." You said as you fell down on your knees.

The test was positive this time. You couldn't believe it, it felt like a dream. This is what you've been wanting for a year now. It's all you thought about, talked about, dreamed about, etc, and now it's actually true.

You began to think of ways you could surprise Carisi when he got home. You thought about wrapping it up and giving it to him as his birthday present or possibly making him a birthday cake, where when you cut into it, the color would tell whether you were pregnant or not. You had many ideas but didn't wanna over-do it.

You finally decided to just do something simple. You took the pregnancy test and wrapped it up in wrapping paper. You put a big bow on it and left it on table.

You picked up your phone and dialed Carisi's number.

"Hey (Y/N), is everything alright?" He asked when he answered the phone.

"Everything's fine, I just have a really big surprise for you when you get home. I think I got you the best birthday present in the world." You said back to him.

"Well I can't wait! Can you give me any hints as to what it is?" He asked playfully.

"All I'll say is 1 year. See if you can figure it out from that." You said before giggling a little.

"Interesting...I guess I'll just find out when I come home then but I gotta go now, Liv is really getting on my case about being on the phone so much. Love you, (Y/N)."

"I love you too, bye." You said as you hung up the phone.

You were still so nervous. What if he didn't wanna be a father anymore? What if we weren't ready yet? Are we even stable to start a family? These were the types of questions that kept going through your mind.

You decided to take a nap while you waited for him to get home. You tried to dream about how life would be with a baby, how much fun it would be. You knew from the day you first met Carisi, that he would be the most amazing father.

-----------------Time skip to later that night-------------

"Hey (Y/N), I'm home!" You heard Carisi yell from downstairs.

You quickly jumped out of bed and ran down the stairs.

"Hey Dom." You said while yawning a little bit.

"Did you fall asleep while waiting for me?" He said while laughing.

"Maybe...." You said as you started to trail off.

"Anyways, come get your gift!" You said as you handed him the wrapped test.

"What in the world could this be?" He asked while inspecting it.

"Just open it."

He began to unwrap the box and saw part of the pregnancy test.

"Don't tell me-" He said before you cut him off.

"Just keep opening."

He unwrapped it more until the positive pregnancy test was fully exposed.

His facial expression changed almost instantly. His eyes lit up and he could not stop smiling. He looked like such a dork but he was your dork.

"You're kidding (Y/N), this can't be real"

"It's real. We're having a baby."

You couldn't help but cry when those words escaped your mouth.

Sonny pulled you into a big hug, his face was buried in the crook of your neck. You could hear him sniffling and felt tears fall onto your shirt.

"What if I'm not a good father?" Sonny asked as he looked up at you.

"You're gonna be the best father a kid could ever have."

And with that he was.