Tres

*Skip to third year*

After her first year, Cassiopeia wasn't the same. Her eyes looked more tired, and her skin was much more pale. She was part of the marauders, yet she loved Marlene and lily to death.

She was in the great hall at 6:45 am reading a book on metamorphmagus, she found out recently that she could morph into animals. The book said that the first animal that one masters is the one her patronus shows.

She found out about Remus condition last year, but she didn't tell anyone, not even Remus. The marauders were oblivious to the fact one of their best friends had a problem like that. She knew that after the lesson in DADA, they were going to be suspicious. The worst of it all is that it happened after the full moon, so probably Remus was not going to be there.

"Good morning Remus" she said not looking up from her book.
"Morning Cassiopeia" he said with a raspy voice.
He looked tired, today was the full moon. She thought it was better to tell him about her findings tomorrow morning.
"Looking forward to double potions with The Slytherins?" She asked mockingly
"Oh yeah, I'm extremely excited" he answered

The truth is, Cassiopeia fancied Remus since second year. He was sweet and caring. She didn't care about he being a werewolf. She knew Remus probably thought she was pretty, but she knew he only liked her as a friend, a sister even.
"Umm Cass, would umm you like to ummm walk with me to po-potions?" She chuckled and smiled
"You are an awkward boy Lupin"
"Yes, I'm incredibly awkward"

Potions with Slughorn was interesting. You could clearly see that he had favorites. This years Griffindor favorites were lily, Cassiopeia, and Remus. Cassiopeia was incredibly talented in potions. She was top of her class, and could easily memorize every step when she read it once. She could also put some ingredients to make the potion better. It was a skill only Severus Snape and she shared. 

                                🌙🌙🌙

The full moon was awful for Remus. The next day, Cassiopeia woke up as early as usual and went straight to the infirmary.
"Hello poppy! I'm here to see Mr. Lupin" Madam Pomfrey was a short chubby woman, she was as kind as a Hufflepuff but as scary as a Slytherin.
"Ms. Black, come in, he's in the las bunk"
Cassiopeia smiled and ran to Remus.

"Cass, how, how did you know I was here?" Remus looked nervous. She couldn't have figured his secret could she? Was she here to tell him she hated him?
"Remus, listen, I've known since last year" she spoke slowly and sweet. Her voice was full of love and he knew she was nervous.
"Why? Why are you still my friend, I'm a monster, I could kill you"
"Well I could kill you too, and no, you're not a monster. You are a sweet, kind, smart boy who needs to understand the meaning of that word"

He stared at her dumbfounded, he thought that when everyone discovered his secret, they were going to be scared of him but she, she was hugging him.
"What's the meaning of that word but not something that is awful and kills people"
"Remmy, you don't kill people, that, on the full moons is not you. A monster is someone who kills for pleasure, who likes when people suffer, who likes to inflict pain. You my friend, you are someone who likes chocolate, who folds his socks, and who likes school. You are most definitely not a monster."

He smiled and hugged her once again. Then he stared at her and asked.
"What happened to you? What made you more quiet, more reserved?" Her smiled faltered and she sighed.
"It's not pretty. I mean, my mom and my dad, they're strict with tradition and family name. The loved pure blood and well Slytherin for that matter. When I got sorted into Griffindor, my mom went crazy and on Christmas break she ..." Cassiopeia started crying. She didn't want to continue but Remus made her feel safe.
"She threw some curses at me, she thought maybe like that I was going to be more obedient. She was wrong, that made my blood boil and I became worse. When my dad saw everything, he grabbed a cursed knife and scratched my arms with it" she rolled up her sleeve and Remus was able to see the scars that covered her arms.

He felt bad for her. Her family hated her and she never understood what a mothers love was. Remus' mother, Hope, was a sweet muggle. She welcomed anyone with open arms and a smile on her face.
"It's ok now I guess. It's just, my three sisters, Slytherin girls with perfect grades and perfect boyfriends. Well all except Andy. She just had to fall in love with a muggleborn. My mom doesn't know yet though, she would kill her"

Remus and Cassiopeia lay down on the tiny bed and fell asleep together. Both of their life's where exhausting enough for that day.

A/n please tell me if you like the story. I need feedback to see if I should continue !!!! Thanks
-Ana