Chapter 14 - Nigel Quintin Ulysses

CHAPTER 14
NIGEL QUINTIN ULYSSES

Blaine and Marcus were together when they got to school. Marcus has yet to notice me, but so far, his eyes wouldn't bore into mine. They are always glued at Blaine – I don't know whether to be irritated by that or be frustrated at myself.

Who cares if they are always glued with each other?

I do. Somehow I do.

We are at lunch, and we still have half an hour before the next period. They are seated three tables away from us, as usual. People are still giving them looks and glance, but they don't care at all, too caught up in their own world that I wish I could be part of. But that would mean that I have to be in it with Blaine Maximus. For some reason, I want to make a world where the only people that can be into it are me and Marcus.

"You've been staring at them for several minutes now," Luis says, his tone a bit off as he jerks his chin towards the direction of Blaine and Marcus. "So the new kid is still hanging out with... that." He scrunches his nose up, as if it disgusts him to talk about Blaine Maximus. Then he looks away.

To be honest, I'm kind of pissed off right now. At Blaine, at Marcus, at myself. After spending time with me, I thought that he'd rather hang out with us than him. From my spot, I glare at them heatedly, crossing my arms across my chest, hoping that Marcus would look in my way, just to let him that I'm completely not liking that he's still close with Blaine.

"What does he see in Blaine?" Luis murmurs, shaking his head as he picks up a hotdog without using a fork, shoving it into his mouth.

What does he see in Blaine? The question runs inside my head, as if it's on loop. I think of all the possible reasons why Marcus keeps hanging out with Blaine, but I don't find any. Well, I think of bad reasons, reasons that are not possible. Such as perhaps, they are cousins. Or distant relatives. Reasons like that, which don't make sense at all. It's impossible for Blaine and Marcus to be related – they don't have a resemblance at all. I mean, there should be at least one trait, right?

Realizing now that I'm gripping the fork in my hand, I let it go and heave up a frustrated sigh. I should know the reason why Marcus keeps hanging out with that freak, and I won't stop until I get the idea.

With my eyes trained on them, I continue to eat rather angrily. I shouldn't be angry in the first place, yet I can't help but be so.

They both stand up, leaving their trays on the table. They seem engaged in a deep conversation – Blaine's hands are flying as he explains something to Marcus. Marcus just keeps nodding, his eyes focused on Blaine. Without putting much thought about it, I stand up and decide that I will follow them. There's still time before the end of lunch and the next period starts, and within that time, a lot can happen. Where are they going? What are they going to do? Are they going to ditch school? Questions run through my hand without stopping, and the more I think about it, the more I get frustrated. Who knows?

I run up to them, yelling Marcus' name. They both halt to a stop, looking over their shoulder to look at me; Marcus' brows are furrowed and Blaine is smirking as he looks at me. I want to wipe the smirk off of his face with my fist, and I wonder if the marks that would be on his face could be put into a museum for pleasure viewing. Who knows? Maybe I could make an art with my fist, and the canvas would be his face. Now I wonder if I'm being such an asshole but then Blaine comes into my head, and I don't feel an asshole anymore.

"Hey," Marcus greets me, giving me a lopsided grin. I want to yell at him, to tell him how stupid he is for still hanging out with the freak, but with that smile he has on his face, I feel like I have lost the capability to make a snide remark, to throw some shade.