Chapter 14

"I got the job!" I squeak into the speaker. Vicky didn't even have the time to respond as soon as she picked up.

"Slow down, what?"

"I got accepted." I am out of the building now and take a deep breath, after going through a long and overwhelming job interview. "They say I can start next week."

"Congrats girl! I'm so happy for you."

"Thank you, I gotta call my parents now." As soon as I hang up, I have a long conversation with my parents on the phone, gushing about my new job. When I arrive at home, I text Adrien about it. He doesn't waste a minute to reply.

Adrien: Didn't I tell you you would get accepted?

Me: I am sometimes hard to convince.

Adrien: I figured... anyway, I will be at your place in about thirty minutes.

Me: Can't wait!!!

I toss my phone on the couch and leap into my room. I will have to get dressed... but first I will take a shower, then I will get dressed. I run out of my room again and into the bathroom, ripping my clothes off my body. I take a long shower and after that, I lotion myself up. Now I smell like vanilla, the scent, that Adrien likes about me. The next thing I do, is picking a sundress from my wardrobe.

Already fifteen minutes passed, as the doorbell rings. Damn it, it's him.

"On my way." I say to myself, while spraying perfume on my neck and chest. I press a button to open the main door downstairs, waiting for him to come upstairs. When I hear footsteps, I open the front door, but find somebody else in front of me.

"Denis?" I irritatingly gawk at him, as I recognize his face behind the large bouquet.

"Lola!" He spreads his arm and I slowly hug him. "It's so nice to see you again."

"I'm surprised, you didn't tell me, you would visit me."

"I wanted to surprise you duh. I was on my way to you, when Vicky called me and told me about you being accepted. Congrats." He kisses me cheek.

"Thank you Denis. I'm so glad to see you. Come in." He follows me into the living room.

"You look different. It feels like I haven't seen you in a year." He chuckles lightly. "Nice home."

"Thanks, Vicky put more effort into the decoration." I roll my lips in and clear my throat, staring at the bouquet.

"Oh! This is for you." He hands me the bouquet.

"Aw, thank you Denis." I bring the bold yellow hibiscus flowers to my nose and inhale the heavenly scent.

"I just randomly picket them, and I know that yellow is your favorite color." I nod with a smile.

"I appreciate it."

"And I also brought some wine. It's from the gas station, but hey, at least it's something." I take the discount wine with my free hand.

"Wow, that's so nice. Make yourself comfortable, while I get us two glasses." He nods his head and watches me go inside the kitchen, before sitting down on the couch.

"And how's it going with your job?"

"Ah, I quit and started working at this art school. I'm teaching a few younger kids how to paint, it's fun. The school is even going to exhibit a few paintings and they asked me to exhibit mine."

"It's about time Denis, your paintings are amazing. Congratulations." I say and he thanks me.

After a short silence he begins to speak again.