(69) Daddy's Touch

Chapter 69-  Daddy's touch.

It didn't take too long until Kyle's eyes cracked open. The nurses got him up and sat him on one of the leather chairs beside me.

He was overly embarrassed about the fact he fainted when his first baby girl was born, but he suddenly got over it when he took a glimpse of her.

"She's a girl." He gasped. His eyes lit up and glistened with unleashed tears. He took the little baby into his arms and snuggled her close.

Her eyes were closed and she was wrapped in a pink blanket. She was the most perfect thing I had ever laid eyes on. She looked just like her daddy and I knew she already had Kyle wrapped around her pinky finger.

Kyle couldn't take his eyes off of her.

"Thank you, Cali." He looked to me. I smiled his way. He didn't need to thank me, after all this result took two.

He didn't leave his eyes on me for long, they were back on to our little girl in seconds.

"You're so pretty." He gushed around the little bundle. "No doubt a heartbreaker. Daddy already has his guns waiting in the garage for when them boys start turning up."

"Kyle!" I scolded even though the big smile on my face gave away my amusement.

"Daddy got a few axes too, but don't tell mummy." Kyle whispered. I laid back down and smiled. I had a family. Kyle was going to be the best dad ever, and I was extremely happy for how things turned out.

I wish my father was here now to see her. I know she would have had him wrapped around her other pinky finger, but I knew he was looking down on her.

I sighed. I missed him, I missed him more than anything, I missed him more now my baby girl was here. It hurt me to know she would grow up and not know how amazing my father really was.

"Cali?" Kyle caught my attention and I looked to him.

"Sorry." I smiled sheepishly. "What is it?" I asked, knowing he obviously had something to me whilst I wasn't listening.

"I said we can all get ice cream next week." Kyle had this excited look in his eyes and it made my heart flutter.

"She's only just been born, give her a chance to breathe." I laughed.

And even though I was sad about my father, I knew I had everything I had ever wanted. The love of my life and our own little baby. I couldn't ask for much more.

"I've been thinking." Kyle suddenly pipes up again. I look to him. "I think I know what to call her."

I sat up a little straighter... As straight as I could considering the circumstances. Everything hurt, plus I was too tired. Yet, I was intrigued. I hadn't thought of names yet as we didn't know what gender we were expecting. I hadn't really thought of many potential names either.

"What are you thinking?" I asked.

"I really like the name Karson." Kyle shrugged. He looked down to the little girl and smiled. "She looks like a Karson Knight. Karson with a K, she needs to follow the tradition."

"Like the kardashians?" I asked playfully.

"Like the Kardashians, only a little better and a little more beautiful." Kyle smirked my way and I rolled my eyes in reply. Forever his egoistical self. "But I'm serious, baby. What do you think? Karson Knight?"