Chapter 14

I sighed. I have been sitting here for a large portion of an hour. Mostly staring at the ceiling. There was just no inspiration. Okay that's a lie. I kept thinking of Maxon.

'Is that a bad thing' a little voice on my head whispered.

Maybe it's not. I stood up and moved to a stool with a guitar sitting next to it. I strummed it and smiled. Maybe I could do a country song. My mind turned back to Maxon. Maybe it wasn't a bad thing to think of him. I could always write a song about him.

I can't make it obvious. I feel like he would know. He's always been able to see into my heart. But I've always been able to see into his. He always lets his princely guard down around me. Especially when he's trying to get something he wants. Sometimes I feel like he wants me like when we kissed, or when we on that 'date', but I can never tell. And the way my name rolls off his tongue. Okay off topic.

For a boy, your heart is pretty see through
For a boy, you sure let your guard down
When you know what you want, want you see
And baby right now your staring at me
When you say my name, I know you ain't playing games

Yes first verse completed. That was easy. I strummed the melody I had in my mind and sang along. It clicked. This is super easy when your inspirers.
What else do I love about Maxon?

The way he was so good at saying sorry. Guys can't usually admit to there mistakes. And the way I can hear his heart beat as I laid my head on his chest......distractions. Or how he didn't come late to our 'date' like most guys I've dated.

For a boy, you're good at saying sorry
For a boy, I sure can feel your heart
It's like a freight train, coming at me
I'm across the booth, on the edge of my seat
You don't make me wait, you say what you came to say

Maxon makes it so easy to write. That's how it went for the rest of the day. I would list everything I love about Maxon, get distracted, then right more.

I was strumming through the last verse when I noticed Amberley.

"Seems like you really like this boy. Who is he?" She asked.

I blushed And looked down. I was not about to tell Maxon's mother that I had a crushish/like thing for her son.

Apparently my face is very easy to read. "It's Maxon isn't it?"

I looked up.

"I have a feeling he likes you too. Let's call it mothers intuition," she winked and laughed.

"I doubt that," I said sadly.

"We shall see," Amberley stood up and flattened out her dress. "I will see you at dinner. 7' o clock. Sharp. Don't be late."

She swept up the skirts of her gown and rushed elegantly out of the room. 

I sighed. Ugh. How did Amberley Just fund out before Maxon. I sat up abruptly. What if she told him. He would never talk to me again. No. Amberley wouldn't do that. I think.

I went back to strumming quietly because I was to nerve wrecked to actually sing. I was humming slightly though. I strummed the last night and patted the guitar. I hadn't used one in a while. I usually used the piano or violin. It was my strong suit.

"Sounds good," I heard and looked up at the voice. It was Maxon. I smiled and set the guitar down. I stood and met him at the door.

"Thanks. How was your meeting?" I asked.

"Boring."

I laughed. "I bet. I don't think I could ever sit through one of those."

"I don't understand how I ever did that in the past. It was so boring. There wasn't even anything new. So they just gave reports about things that happened weeks ago," he exaggerated.