The Bad Boy, Cupid & Me [ 24 ]

JOIN MY FACEBOOK PAGE! LINK IN EXTERNAL LINK! :D

***

“Chloe, you’re being so overdramatic.”

“Shhh!” I hissed at Charlie, yanking him inside an empty classroom and shutting the door. Pulling the blinds down the window, I tried to take in large amounts of oxygen into my lungs in hopes of returning my breathing back to a normal pace.

“Oh my God.” I whispered, terrified, “Gabby’s going to kill me. She’s actually going to kill me. Oh my God, I’m going to die. I’m going to-” the rest of my rant became muffled as Charlie clamped his hand over my mouth.

“Chloe. Chill the fuck out.” He told me seriously. “You’re acting like you’ve just failed a test.”

I ripped his hand away and looked at him in puzzlement, “But I’ve never failed a test in my life.”

He rolled his eyes, “Whatever, smart ass.”

I smirked and messed up his soft blonde hair, “You love it, Charles.” I sang, daring to take a peek through the door and letting out a sigh of relief when I saw the corridors were empty.

Charlie gave me a disapproved look, “Give it up, Chloe. You can’t run and hide from Gabby forever. Just go up to her and apologize for ditching her at the party.”

I hesitated, “Are you sure-“

“Even if you didn’t give her any warning that you were leaving her.” Charlie continued, cutting in.

“Hey! I didn’t mean-“

“Or the fact that you took the car as well, which meant she might have had to walk home…alone…at night.” He added, not letting me finish my sentence.

“Charlie!-“

“She still might forgive you!” Charlie added quickly, once again cutting me off. “Even if it was a bitch move…”

I slapped him across his chest, making him chuckle. “You’re horrible, Charlie! Now I’ll never be able to face her!”

“Relaaax, there’s nothing to be worried about. She’ll get over it.”

“You really think so?”

“Yeah. Just go apologize.”

“Okay.” I said, nodding in agreement. “You’re right.”

“I’m always right.”

“Pfft, get over yourself.” I told him, pushing him out the door first, using him as some sort of shield as we got out.

“Chloe?”

I almost collapsed from being so startled at Gabby’s voice calling my name - and would have potentially died from the impact, and embarrassment - if it weren’t for the fact that Charlie had managed to hold me steady before I fell.

“I AM SO SORRY FOR DITCHING YOU ON FRIDAY!” Gabby and I both cried simultaneously.

“WHAT?” We both asked together. “YOU DIDN’T DITCH ME! I DITCHED YOU!” We said again in synch.

We both stopped talking.

 A very long moment of silence passed.

Until it was broken by Charlie’s howls of undying laughter.