Chapter Thirty Seven: Yours Truely

*•*•Bailey's POV•*•*
As I walked into school, I gained stares from the students that were already there, which was already half of the school. It was late when Carson and I left the house, which had affected my arrival time. As I walked through the halls, the students were quiet as their eyes pierced through me. It was weird having their eyes on me, especially without the boys to shield me from their stares.

The boys.

Even though it hasn't even been a day since I last seen them, I miss them. It isn't fair that you can't see, or talk to them, knowing that if I did I was going to end up potentially hurting them, or the two people I cared about most who Harrison has kept hostage. I knew I had to do something however. I just knew I had to do something.

Continuing my way to my locker, not wanting to look up, I listened to the quiet whispers as I passed by, "Who's the new girl?" I heard a girl ask as I stopped by my locker.

"You idiot. That's Bailey Winters." Another whispered harshly as if she was scolding the other.

"Where's the trio?" I heard another ask.

"She must've driven them away."

"That doesn't even make sense." One of them said, the voice was however not feminine, "I mean, look at her, she's drop dead gorgeous."

I turned their way and raised an eyebrow at them, which cause all except one to turn away with a embarrassed red face. The only guy in the group just continued staring and gave me a wink, which made me flip him off before rolling my eyes at them as took out my math notebook to review for the test next period.

I haven't been able to do my extra studying for a while and I believed it was time to revisit my notebook before the test. As I was reviewing the equations and their formulas, I heard three pair of footsteps coming towards me. I looked up and saw that the three Ninja Turtles walking towards me.

Parker Lynn, Bennett Walters, and Grayson Watts in all of their glory as they strutted through the crowd coming in my direction.

As they walked, I noticed how all three of them gave off a small hint of what has occurred to them over the past month. Parker walked straight with his arm wrapped around his one of his sides, showing only people who knew what had happened recently how he was in pain, however, he covered up his pain with his bright smile and eyes which concealed the ache the bullet wound causes him every time he moves, unlike the others who wore either a bored look, or a fake grin to cover up the torment of their injuries. Both Bennett and Grayson walked with ease, however Grayson had a small limp. The bruises that were on Grayson's face were now fading behind the glasses that he now sport to school. I could only assume that it was my judgement that had influenced his decision.

As I stared at them, Bennett met my gaze which made me quickly look away. I closed my locker immediately, clutching my notebook close to my chest as I continued my way to my first class, "Bailey!" Bennett yelled, quieting the small sound in the hallway. He didn't sound too far away, which made me walk even faster. I could hear the whispers of the students behind me, asking one another what's up with our little friend group. Soon, I started running down the halls to my first class of the day, not wanting them to catch up to me. I didn't want anyone to get hurt because of me. I can't get my friends and family hurt.

*

I spent my nutrition in the library and I plan to spend my lunch over there too. Throughout the day, I heard the rumors that people have made up about as to why I'm not with the boys today. The rumors have gotten so bad that the girls are literally throwing snide remarks at me in the hall about being a slut for Carson, due to how I showed up to school with him this morning, while the guy students just stare in awe as I pass by.