Night eleven

Louis is lying on his roof. The air is cold and nips at his bare feet and his cheeks. He doesn't care. He just needs to breathe, so he's lying under the open sky.

Harry went to school today. That was a mess. Liam and Niall yelled at him and Zayn gave him sympathetic smiles. Thank god Nick was still suspended.

Harry glances out of his window as habit and sees Louis lying there. His glasses framing his closed eyes. He's dressed in a sweater and sweatpants and Harry can't believe how cuddly he looks.

Harry reaches over and grabs his camera because the way the moonlight is hitting Louis' still figure makes him look prettier than usual.

Harry makes sure the flash is off and then creeps over to his window. He slowly and quietly opens it so he can fit the camera out. He double checks to make sure the flash is off and the quickly snaps the picture.

He doesn't move after it's done and he feels slightly creepy as he returns to his room. He silently closes the window- leaving only a small crack open- and then pulls down his blinds.

He sets his camera on his desk again and he can't help but stare at it.

He doesn't want to get the pictures developed, but he does all the same. There's so many pictures of Louis on there. Louis playing soccer, Louis outside on the roof, Louis and him, Louis in his bed, Louis, Louis, Louis.

Harry sighs and blinks back more tears. He can't seem to stop crying and Louis looks like he's okay.

Harry has always been the more sensitive of the two, but he thought Louis would seem slightly more upset.

Harry's so lost in his thoughts he didn't hear his mother enter the room.

"Harry? You okay?" she asks and his head snaps up.

"Stupid question," he replies coldly.

"Well I have good news," she tells him excitedly. He freezes and stares at her.

Louis can hear Harry and Anne talking. He opens his eyes and moves closer to the ledge, trying to catch every word said.

"What's your good news?" Louis hears Harry ask and he frowns at his tone. It's cold and mean, not bright and cheerful. Not how it should be.

"I talked to Nicks mom and you two are going on a date Saturday!" she cheers and Harry can feel bile rise in his throat.

"Why would you do that?!" Harry yells and both Louis and Anne jump.

"Because you need to move on. Nick is good for you, Harry." Anne tells him and Louis want to punch the side of her house. He does not like her.

"Nick is my friend. I don't want him. I want Louis," Harry seethes and Louis can feel his heart rate pick up. Harry still wants him.

Louis also feels anger. Why didn't Harry say this the first time? Why didn't he say this when he needed to?

"You don't know what you want. I promise you'll thank me one day," Anne spits out and Louis can hear a door slam. Everything is quiet and then Harry starts to cry.

Harry can't help the tears that fall. His mom is so controlling and this isn't what he wants. What he wants is outside, lying under the stars.

Louis swallows the lump in his throat that appears when he hears Harrys cries. He just sighs and turns around, climbing back into his room.

He turns back when he enters and starts to close his window. When it's almost completely shut he stops and looks over at Harrys window. It's still slightly open and Louis can't stop himself.

"Goodnight, Harry." Louis says and then he shuts his window and closes his curtains.

Harry hears him and stops crying. He gets up and looks out his window and sees Louis' is closed. He frowns and shuts his completely, Louis voice ringing through his head.