16| MONARCH

Ever since Callas agreed to go out with Embry on Thursday he seemed to have brightened up in mood. He told her that they should probably start to head back to the others so they didn't suspect anything, or begin rumours about the two of them. She reluctantly agreed, just wanting to spend some time with him, but she did agree to meet with the others after all so she should stick by her words. When they got closer to the others she could see that they moved some of the drift wood around in a circle.

     "Callas!" Jacob yelled once he caught sight of them both returning.

     He quickly got up and ran over to them, throwing Callas over his shoulder and running just a couple of meters' forward before running back around to the group. He had a wide smile on his face when he put her down, she rolled her eyes and she lightly slapped his chest, grumbling that she didn't want him to do that again. Jacob laughed as both Embry and himself sat down opposite each other on the logs. Seth looked up at her and grinned.

     "Our alpha has returned!" He joked as he pulled her down between Quil and himself.

     She looked over to Embry with a small smile before looking down to the sand. "Told you I would." She nudged his side.

     "So, what did Embry talk to you about?" Quil asked her in a whisper as he subtly motioned his head over to his friend, who was deep in conversation with Jared.

     "Uh, I think that's on a need-to-know basis," Callas responded as her cheeks warmed up.

     "If it's on a need-to-know basis then why do your cheeks say otherwise?" He joked as he poked her left cheek.

     "Shut up, Quil." She shook her head.

     "Did he finally ask you out?"

     As she turned her head to look at him she raised an eyebrow. "What do you mean finally?"

     "He's not that good at keeping secrets from us."

     "Yeah, because you can all read each other's minds." She rolled her eyes jokingly. She wasn't sure if he'd understand what she was referencing to. But she asked them before if they could at the canteen when they all looked at each other in silence.

     "S-Something like that."

     "Okay, stutter-bug." She grinned, nudging his arm with her elbow.

     "I'm not a stutter-bug, Cal." He chuckled.

     "You sure?"

     "Positive." He nodded. "I don't even know what that is."

     "Pretty self-explanatory, Quil."

     "Well, Quil is pretty slow," Seth jested from her right, leaning forwards to throw a look at Quil.

     "Says you." Quil went to slap Seth's face away with a laugh.

     "My god." Callas batted their hands away, laughing as Seth joined in. "Stop it!" She laughed again.

     "Uh oh, Sumo Wrestler Quinn is at it again," Paul spoke up.

     Callas dropped her hands and playfully glared at him. "You'll be next."

     "Are you sure Embry doesn't want to go for round two?" Jared laughed out.

     "You're so childish!" She groaned. "I apologised for that, multiple times! Let it go," she told them both. She rolled her eyes at them before she felt her phone buzz. She took it out and saw that Henry had sent her a text: