Jon Snow (and Ramsay Bolton) - "This is going to hurt"

"I can't wait to show your lover where you have been all this time." Ramsay wrapped an arm around your shoulders and pressed you tighter to his chest. "He must have missed you and yet the thought that you were with me has never crossed his mind." Ramsay smiled and clacked his tongue. "The white wolf might have inherited the courage of his father, he does lack a certain amount of intelligence, don't you think?"

You didn't answer. Over the years you had learned that not answering Ramsay was still better than giving him an answer that didn't live up to his expectations. No matter what you did or attempted, he always found a reason to punish you for something you had or had not done.

"I do think we should give our noble warrior some proper motivation, shall we?" Ramsay didn't give you the chance to answer the question. Without any other warning he lifted you up and placed you in front of him in the saddle. "You will love the battlefield, I am sure of it."

You hated the battlefield. You had already hated battlefields before Robb had died, before Ned had dark. Now you had grown to hate them even more. You didn't believe in winners on the battlefield. You only believed in survivors and losers. And you hoped that Jon would end up a survivor and Ramsay would end up a loser.

"At least he and his army have arrived in time." Ramsay ordered his horse to stop. With a smirk on his face he slid down and then he opened his arms to help you off his horse too.

You trembled when you saw that Jon was watching you. You were standing too far away to read the glance in his eyes, but you saw how tensed his muscles were. Strangely enough you weren't afraid of what would happen to you. You had faced the worst and whatever would come would be nothing but a trick to distract Jon. You were however afraid that he would fall for it, that he would try to save you while everyone knew that once someone fell in the hands of Ramsay Bolton they couldn't be saved anymore.

"I'm sorry, love, but this is going to hurt." Ramsay smiled while he curled his fingers around a sharp knife. "I wonder if he will be able to win this battle in time to save you from bleeding to death." Ramsay touched your cheek with the back of his hand before the knife started to cut parts of your skin away.

You had sworn yourself years ago already to never scream again because of Ramsay. You had sworn yourself years ago already not to give him the satisfaction anymore. You had managed to keep the promise to yourself. Until now. You had thought that you knew what pain was, but this was a different kind of pain and while Ramsay flayed more and more parts of your skin you closed your eyes and gave in to the urges of your body.

"No...."

You only dared to open your eyes again when you heard a well known voice and felt a pair of strong arms holding your harmed body. A smile spread across your face and you stared at his blooded skin, his long hair, tied into a bun, his dark armor only slightly damaged. "You won!" You wanted to lift your arm up, but realized that your muscles weren't listening to your mind anymore.

"I won..." Jon's eyes started to water and he used his hand to wipe the hair from your face. "But I am not willing to pay the price I'm afraid I have to pay." He sat on his knees next to you and he bent his head so his forehead touched yours.

"It's okay, Jon." You swallowed. Your voice was breakable and barely a whisper. "I knew that I would die the moment Ramsay found me in the woods." You started to breath faster, unable to get enough air to fill your lungs. "At least he kept me alive long enough to be able to tell you that I love you and that I'm proud of you." Your heart slowed down and even though you were not in pain anymore, you knew your soul was already drifting away to who knew where.

"He will die tonight. For what he did to you. For what he did to my sister." Jon pressed a soft kiss on your cold lips and he lifted you up to press you to his chest. "I love you and no matter how much time passes, I will never stop loving you." He pressed a soft kiss on your forehead and your lips curled up into a smile while you closed your eyes unable to fight death any longer. He had said that he loved you and that was all you needed to know.