Prelude

[© 2017 ALL RIGHTS RESERVED NO PART OF THIS NOVEL MAY BE REPRODUCED, DISTRIBUTED, OR TRANSMITTED IN ANY FORMS OR MEANS, WITHOUT THE PRIOR PERMISSION OF THE AUTHOR]

════════

B E F O R E Y O U R E A D

- This is a story about my struggles and my problems as a teenage girl dealing with the stress of school, with anxiety, with the feeling of being trapped and being underestimated yet overestimated all at one. This story is not only a way for me to deal with the stress by transmitting it in the most therapeutic way I know, but also allowing me to write about my issues and my feelings of suffocation and inadequacy, having it all down in front of me so I can take an objective stance when analysing my life.

- This is by no means the first story I have written, and it's definitely not the first one I've written on Wattpad. I wrote Fatally Attracted when I was 14 and now I'm 18. Due to this my writing is not only more mature and evolved, but also much more raw and personal. I write this story knowing that it won't ever be published because of how absolutely personal everything is. I write this chapter knowing that it's almost like a diary entry to look back on.

- I would like to quickly make a note about the character of Annalise Fall. Although Annalise is based on me, this is not a true story. Her characteristics are very similar to mine, with her anxiety, her playing the piano, her discomfort when people touch me, her stubbornness and much more. Even with her dress sense, music sense and physical appearance. However, this story is not mine. This story is purely Annalise's because that's when the two of us differ. Annalise is a figment of my imagination much like the story I write. Although the girls in the story are based very specifically on people in my life, the stories are not.

- Finally, I would like to say that despite this being the 100th thing I've written, this is in no means perfect. There will be some inevitable grammar and spelling mistakes, and in no way will this story please me. A few months into the future, I will regret writing certain things because I guess that's how critical I am of myself. But I know that, even if it's temporarily, if this helps me channel my stress and frustrations in a healthy way, it's worth writing.

════════

S T A T U S

completed

[25th March, 2017 - 17th January 2019]
[14th January, 2018 - 18th January 2019]

════════

G E N R E

teen fiction

romance

════════

S Y N O P S I S

Annalise Fall tries to live a life of normality, as far as she can, going through everything you'd expect a typical 17 year old to. Coursework, exams, university applications. The usual. It can all get pretty stressful, but she has her refuges. The piano room to name one, but also Nathanial, her boyfriend of three years.

The normality of her life comes toppling down when she realises you can never be truly average. If you add a sudden break up, and the anxiety of school to the mix, you realise how far from it you actually are. And that's what happened to Annalise.

And then came Chase Parker.

Chase Parker who she first hated, but quickly learnt to trust and care for.

Chase Parker who taught her that she was far from normal. And that was okay.

Chase Parker who was willing to sacrifice his own needs and actions in order to help Annalise step out of her own comfort zone.

Follow Annalise's journey from being a girl who tried to blend in, did all that she could to impress other people, and put other people's needs before her own, to a girl who steps out of her comfort zone, understands that perfection isn't everything, and is madly in love with her boyfriend.

════════

Official Saving Annalise Playlist:
https://open.spotify.com/user/raisa_ahmed2000/playlist/2uAhPquUCnnKK83nyZWoTe?si=DVCQZV-jSsCSn9QMHm0thg