Chapter 42

*** Flashback ***

Hunter sat across the table glaring at the woman he called his wife.

"Stella, you could leave with a part a of the Knight fortune". The lawyer said for the third time.
"Please. Think about it".

She shook her head looking down. "I don't want anything". She replied softly.

"Are you sure?". The old man insisted. "You are still young Stella, you cou-".

"I don't want it". She said quietly. "I just want to leave". She said looking at her fingers again feeling her husband's intense gaze on her.

The lawyer slowly nodded and continued. This went on for an hour.
She made it clear the she didn't want anything. Why are they insisting?

When everything was done, she sighed in relief until he put the contract in front of her.

"Now you just have to sign them". He said giving her a pen.

With shaking hands and tearing eyes she took the pen and moved her gaze to the contract.
She looked up at Hunter only to find him looking out at the window with his jaw and fists clenched.

She held back her sob and signed them slowly.

When she looked back up, the man was gone. She furrowed her eyebrows and before quickly standing up when she realised that she was alone with her now ex-husband.

"Why aren't you taking anything?". His deep voice stopped her.

"I don't want it". She said quietly.

"Why?". He narrowed his eyes moving his gaze to her.
"If you don't take what I give, you are not getting anything from him". He said bitterly.

"I don't want anything". She repeated.
"We will be just fine".

He suddenly stood angrily walking to her.

Her eyes widened at her mistake.

"We?". He snapped.
"Because you're thinking of a life with him?". He asked angrily grabbing her arm.

She shook her head, fighting back her tears.

If only you knew. If only you let me explain. She thought as the sadness took over her heart again.

"You will take the money I am giving you". He said in a final.

"No". She said pulling her arm out of his grip. "I said I'll be fine".

He looked at her angrily as jealousy consumed him. Blinding him.

"I hope you don't regret this". She said turning around.

She paused when she felt a strong hand wrap around her arm stopping her again.
She slowly looked back and stared into his eyes with the tears ones.

He didn't want to let her go. He just wanted to lock her up and keep her in the house.

"And be sure that this isn't the last time we see each other". He said coldly releasing her arm.