15 - Fighting 'Hard'

"I've finally reached the 6th floor. " A young delicate-looking boy mumbled to himself. The young boy was wearing a black fox mask and a simple white robe with intricate black patterns on it. This young boy is Yulrir.

It took only 2 hours for him to climb up his way to the 6th floor. Unlike his fellow male candidates, he is still wearing his full robe and doesn't look like he is heavily sweating. The air around the 6th floor is covered with his scent but of course, he himself isn't aware of this scent.

Regulating his mana, he can at least cast a protective transparent armor that can protect himself from the high temperature. Because he started to learn magic arts early and he trains daily ever since, his control over his mana is somewhat comparable to a Grand Mage-ranked magician.

Yulrir slowly walked across the floor and sat near the stairs towards the 7th floor. Following his original plan, he wanted to take an hour or two to rest before proceeding to the next floor, after all, his qi and mana were continuously depleting like a bottle of water that was pinched by a needle. Sitting in a lotus position, he closed his eyes and cut his awareness off to meditate calmly.

This type of meditation is comparable to sleeping, though it is a little taxing since you need to still regulate your qi and mana throughout the body, it somehow gives off a comfortable feeling. Meditation is also a way to release one's impurity out of the body and make the circulation of blood healthier. The impurities released by Yulrir mingled over the air and made the heavenly scent on the floor to be more potent. Of course, Yulrir has no way to know about that.

Two floors below him are where the rest of the candidates were currently located. Out of 389 candidates who entered the tower including Yulrir, only 63 candidates remained. The candidates with the ranks of 5th elementary layer had given up due to the pressure the tower was giving. Left are those with ranks higher than the 6th elementary layer including Yulrir and Theo.

Aside from the extreme temperature and abnormally heavy gravity, the mysterious scent that was spread throughout the floors is incomparably more challenging. The scent makes an Alpha to incline more on their primal instinct which is to hunt and to dominate, it is also akin to wake up their breeding instinct. The scent made most of the candidates' temperament and focus clouded as some started assaulting their fellow candidates just to satisfy their instincts. Some of them were forced to retreat and break their own talisman to be teleported back. Some, like Theo, had tried to regulate their qi to lessen the effects of the scent.

With their resilient 'hard' juniors, they continued to climb up the remaining stairs hoping to reach at least the 6th floor. The female candidates who remained were extremely cautious of their male colleagues and at the same time can't help but scoff and blush when they noticed their imperial bulges. Even the strong-willed Theo can't help but walk flaunting his 'mighty bulge'.

Noticing the situation, the elders outside the tower can't help but question the laughing Tower master.

"Ha ha ha ha ha ha ha!! This is totally epic.! Ha ha ha! " Terra laughed holding her stomach.

*cough cough*

"Y-youu did you add an aphrodisiac into the trial? " The headmaster cut in.

"I kind of feel bad for them, I mean look at their faces and bulges. " Logan exclaimed with an ashen face.

"Ha ha ha.. Right? They are currently fighting 'hard' to pass the trial. " Terra continued while laughing till her face is red.

". . ."

This woman is an incarnation of evil, they all thought.

"I just thought, it'll be good to add some difficulty so that's it. " Terra added.

"But this is complete torture for them, especially that some of them have reached their mating age. " Logan argued.

"It is a matter of will and endurance, I can totally oversee whatever is inside the tower, if one has to be in a blink of an unforeseen situation, I can immediately teleport them out." Terra stopped smiling and glanced coldly at Logan.

"Okay then, as long as the candidates are safe, I'm good with that. " Logan harrumphed.

"Headmaster, do you remember the promise that once I found a suitable candidate, I can select her or him as my official disciple? " Terra turned her head and glanced at the headmaster.

"Yes, of course, that promise is still standing." The headmaster nodded at Terra.

"Thank you, headmaster. " Terra bowed politely in front of the headmaster.

Seeing and hearing the tower master's action, the other elders including Logan were surprised.

"May I ask who is the lucky one you would like to get as a disciple? " The headmaster asked curiously.

"I would like to get Yulrir Bellaire as my official disciple." Terra looked up to the mirror which displays Yulrir.

"T-that... but of course -- You are free to do so. " The headmaster reluctantly agreed. He himself wanted to accept Yulrir as his own disciple but after all, Yulrir is only a beta, he might have a good aptitude but betas are obviously inferior in regards to their physique.

"Thank you headmaster. Once the trial is finished I'll personally welcome him up." Terra replied calmly.

The headmaster nodded and went back observing the giant mirrors. The others did the same.

The candidates who got teleported out of the Dragon Tower can't help but contemplate about their unwilling-to-go-down 'juniors'.