||Chapter 23||

"And then he finally said that he loves me!" Exclaimed Lola.
"I am so happy for you. And Jackson." I told her.

"Thank you, Natty! I don't want to suggest anything but I am sooo happy that you came to me when that bastard kicked you out. You're gonna love it in here! I've already started decorating your bedroom!" Lola said with excitement as she sipped her tea nearly spilling it out.

"He didn't actually kick me out, it's me who left." I said calmly.
"It doesn't matter. We just gotta make sure he leaves you alone." Lola said with concern.
I nodded.

Lola guided me through her house. It was a normal house, not small, not big. It had 3 bedrooms and two bathrooms, a small kitchen, a lovely, bright living room with huge windows and a long garden. Lola loves to decorate everything so the house was full of crazy DIY's and lights. It looked very pretty and warm, not cold and expensive like it was in the penthouse.

I was so thankful that Lola took me in, i promised her it won't be for long, just until I'll find a job and an apartment. Of course I'll have to listen to her romantic stories about how happy she is with Jackson.

Lola guided me to my new room, it had a huge window, a double size bed and a few wardrobes.

"Thank you so much for everything Lola, I don't know what I'd do without you." I said hugging her tightly.

"Oh Natty, you can always count on me. That's what friends are for." She said with a sweet, worried voice while hugging me back.

"I'll leave you to unpack. I'm going to be out for  the night, Jackson and I are going on a date! He wants to take me somewhere special. I can't wait to see him!" She said as she clapped her hands with excitement.

"Sure. Have fun." I said, smiling.
"If you need anything just text me." She said with a grin as she plastered a sloppy kiss on my cheek.
I just smiled and nodded as she walked out.

After I finished unpacking, I went downstairs and made myself some tea. I took the papers out of my bag and placed them on the table.
They were papers I needed to fill in to be able to go to college.

I promised myself to finish college, get a good job and start a good life.
I'm only 18, I can still get my shit together.

I was halfway through filling up the papers when my phone rang.
I took it and noticed it's a text from an unknown number.

Hey Natalie, it's Cole. Remember me? The very handsome taxi driver?

I quickly typed a reply.

Hello Cole the very handsome taxi driver. Yes, I remember you. What's up?

Well, I was wondering if you'd like to go out for dinner tonight. ;)

Are you proposing a date?

Do you want it to be? ;)

Do you?

I'll pick you up at 8.
Send me the address. ;)

A date?.... Damn... I can't stop thinking about Damon, it's not right...

Maybe I need a little break...
I sent him the address.
Considering it was already 6pm, I decided to finish filling up the papers tomorrow.

I went upstairs and started to get ready.

Why did I agree to go to dinner with this guy? My hair look like shit. I look like shit. I feel like shit. I definitely don't feel like going out to dinner with some random taxi driver.