chapter seven

Jungkook's P.O.V

I closed the door behind me. Taehyung didn't respond to my answer but I thought he's just too tired. I made my way to Jimin's room and recollected my memories of last night. I might have lied to Tae about Seong. I had expected the moment my lips touched hers that I would:

1. Freak out

2. Pass out

3. See fireworks

But the actual thing that happened was nothing. I felt nothing. It wasn't pleasant. And I have no idea why that is. Everyone makes such a big deal out of kissing but in reality it's nothing. I want to blame it on the fact that I dislike close contact and kissing is one of the closest things you can do besides... well that other thing people like to do.

The second thing that was weird to me was Taehyung. The first time I saw him at the party he was happy and sober, the second time he was the complete opposite. When I searched for him and found my hyungs, they were angry and worried, telling me he had stumbled away into the crowd. I had found him in the backyard at last, cuddling with grass. 

He didn't respond to my yelling and once I had gotten to him he had fallen asleep. I had walked him back to our dorm, him clinging onto me like a koala. He didn't want to release his hold once we were in the room and after an internal debate I figured it would be better to sleep with him in his bed. It didn't faze me at all, which was a shock to me. His presence actually calmed me and I drifted off in a peaceful sleep. 

Only in the morning had I realized that my arms had snaked around his waist so his back was pressed against mine. Well, I had always liked sleeping with stuffed animals so I guess I had seen Tae as a big teddy bear, a really warm one might I add.

As I knock on Jimin's door I get the urge to bang my head against it instead of my hand. My thoughts are all a mess and I just need Jimin's smile to put them to rest. Yoongi opened the door with a frown on his face. "I'm sorry but Jimin is not in the mood to get up"

"Why?", I asked crossing my arms.

"He's kinda mad." He scratched his neck awkwardly.

"That's because you made me disabled you idiot! I can't even walk!" Jimin yelled from in the room. My face flushed red but Yoongi didn't seem fazed.

"That's why", he chuckled and threw the door in my face after Jimin yelled something back.

I huffed. Seokjin and Namjoon slept on the other side of the building which would take forever. I decided to make my way back, hoping Taehyung was asleep at least.

He was. But it wasn't a nice dream he was having. He kept tossing and turning while mumbling things to himself. At a sudden moment, when I flipped a page in the book I was reading, he started full on screaming. I rushed to his side, grabbing his shoulders and only then noticed his tear streaked face. I shook him but he didn't want to wake up.

"Tae!", I yelled but to no avail. I hugged his body, hoping he'd wake up but instead he relaxed the moment he was in my embrace. I sighed relieved.

"Kookie"

It was only a mumble but I heard it clearly. My name had fallen from his lips in a sigh. I didn't want to question it so I just laid by his side, hoping my presence would just calm his dreams. I felt my eyes drooping and thought 'fuck it' as I fell asleep again next to him.