Chapter 4

Carson^^

Carson's POV

"No!" I woke up screaming. I felt a strong pair of hands on my chest pushing me down in bed. I was struggling against them as tears started to fall from my eyes.

"Carson! It's me, calm down. Carson!"  A distant voice yelled as the person struggled to hold me down. My body was flailing around as I tried to get up. Everything around me was spinning and blurry from my tears that were pouring like a waterfall down my face. I felt a strong pair of arms wrap around my body and pull me into an equally strong chest. My body shook as the person holding me, trying to calm me down.

"Shhh Carson, I got you. Just breathe." Jay, that's who had me, Jay. A bright flash of light flashed through the room causing me to grip onto Jay. He moved us around so we were in the middle of my bed and he was still holding me. The thunder came after causing me to jump and whine. Thunderstorms brought back memories; memories that needed to be erased. I registered a blanket being pulled around me after Jay laid us both down. My body was still shaking and the tears were still pouring down my face, but Jay being there helped calm me down. It always did.

Jay felt around my bed before he grabbed my remote and turned the TV on. I saw that it was almost three in the morning making me look up at Jay. Why did he come in here? How did he know to come in here? Was he up? Did I wake him up? My mind was reeling at all of the different questions.

"-rson, hey, are you listening to me?" I came out of my thoughts as the sound of Jay's strong but soft voice. Shaking my head lightly I looked anywhere but him. I didn't want to see the look of disappointment that would be in his face. I heard him sigh as he seemed to tighten his hold around me. I tend to have an overactive imagination.

"I was asking if you're okay. Are you?" Jay asked me. And I didn't know how to answer. Was I okay? I don't think I'll ever be okay. I mean what's the definition of 'okay'?

I shrugged as my answer which seemed to work with him because he didn't ask any more questions. I was lying there for a few minutes as I calmed down before I remembered what position we were in. Pushing Jay away I sat up in bed while clutching a pillow to my chest. We couldn't be this close.

"Carson..." he drawled out while sitting up. I just shook my head and moved farther back when he reached it for me. He was meeting his mate soon. I wasn't a child anymore, and he shouldn't have to come and save me when I'm not doing well.

"Jay, you're meeting your mate tomorrow. We can't- I don't need your help every time something happens. When you meet your mate they'll be your top priority, you will eat, sleep, and live with the soul-purpose of making them happy. You won't want to come into my room every morning to wake me up, and you definitely won't be able to come in here in the middle of the night whenever there's a thunderstorm. I'm fine by myself, stop acting like you're my..." I didn't want to finish that sentence. We both knew what word would for perfectly there. Just if I said it, everything would change.

"Carson you're my beta, my ami, my meilleur ami, you're my brother, I'm always going to be here for you." Did you hear that?

"No, you're not. Trust me I've met enough people, enough mated couples, who just become absorbed with their mate. And that's fine, that's great, it's amazing. I'll be able to find my mate in five months so...just focus on finding your mate. Okay?" I tried to reason with him. He just needed to listen to me, I was silently begging him to.

"Fine." Good, he listened. "But, I haven't met my mate yet so we can still stay up and watch movies. Oh, also, we're going to be in here all day, until my party, watching movies and eating junk food." He informed me, making me frown in my head. I couldn't eat anything, I was too fat.

"We haven't done that in years." I simply said hoping maybe he'd lay off the idea. I don't even know why I thought that he liked getting his way.

"Well yeah, but I thought it'd be cool since I'm turning 18. It's my last day as a 'kid' so why would I want to spend it with anyone other than my BFF." He squealed the last couple of words as a girl would. I found a smile tugging at the corners of my mouth even though I tried to push it down. He somehow always made me smile, even in my saddest of days.

"Now, let's go raid the kitchen for some food and then later we can go out and get some more," Jay suggested while rolling off of my bed. I followed him out of my room and down the stairs. The thunderstorm had quieted down to just some rain. Thank...whatever's up there.

We were both extremely quiet so we didn't accidentally wake up any teens. Woken up werewolf teens were not fun, ever. Once we got to the kitchen Jay quickly started looking through the cabinets, grabbing anything that looked good. I went to the drink fridge and grabbed out some different drinks for us. Jay opened the other fridge that had actual food in it and began to go through that. Turning around I saw that he had completely raided the fridge, cabinets, and pantry. I didn't think we'd need to go out later for more food.

"Okay, I think we're good." He muttered as he tried to pick up all of the food he had grabbed. Sighing, I walked over and grabbed a basket that didn't have anything in it and put a bunch of the food in it. Jay made a little 'ohhh' noise making me roll my eyes. I walked back over to where I had all of the drinks before picking them up and starting to walk upstairs. Jay was following close behind me too.

After we got up to my room we put all of the food and drinks down at the end of my bed. Jay went over to my desk and unplugged my iPad to use Netflix. I knew what movie he was going to pick from the look on his face. It was a movie that we had both watched a million times yet it was still a favorite of both of us.

The Lion King

It's a kids' movie but for some reason, it has always been one of Jay and my's favorite movies. We've both been obsessed with it since we were little kids, and we use to refused to watch anything else. I felt the bed dip and Jay climbed in once the movie was set up. He had pulled the food and drinks closer to us as he got settled. We were both leaning against the headboard with the blankets pulled up and a bunch of junk food surrounding us while watching a kids movie.

Yep, definitely pack leader material.

~~

All-day. That's how long we had been watching movies and TV shows. I didn't really think Jay was serious when he said he actually wanted to do this. Oh, how wrong I was.

We never actually left once we first started our little...thing at three in the morning. Like I thought, we had enough food and drinks to last us through an apocalypse. It was almost ten o'clock and we had just finished White Chicks. The number of food wrappers that were laying scattered around my bed was gross.

"This was fun," Jay started breaking me from my thoughts of the food wrappers. Looking over at Jay I saw that he had a huge smile on his face. I'm not surprised though, he was going to be able to find his mate in a couple of hours. He should be happy.

"Yeah," I sighed letting a smile slip onto my face. We both simultaneously started to get up out of the pile of blankets, pillows, food, and drinks. Once we had both managed to get up we started picking up the stuff and throwing it in my garbage can I had. After everything was cleaned up we both just stood there, kinda awkwardly. All of a sudden I felt a pair of arms wrap around me and pull me closer. Jay was hugging me. Why?

"I'm turning 18," was what he first whispered. I wrapped my arms around him too, this would be our last hug.

"Yeah, you're getting old." I teased. I needed to have one moment where I wasn't alone anymore before I was. Even with all of the people who would be downstairs, I would still truly be alone.

"Shut up." He pulled away from me to put his hands on my shoulders.

"You know you're my best friend ever right? I don't think I would have survived up to this point without you. And now I'm meeting my mate and I know you think we'll drift apart but I won't let that happen. Because you're my meilleur ami and nothing will ever change that. Even when you find your mate, whoever they might be, I'll always be here for you."

That was the sound and my heart shattering.

Comment
Vote
Add
Share