Perfect

This is based off the song "Perfect" by Ed Sheeran

I found a love for me
Darling, just dive right in and follow my lead

You had first met Newt Scamander in your fifth year at Hogwarts. He was your partner in Care of Magical Creatures. He was a most handsome sight, but a shy one at that. You loved nothing more than to talk to him.

Well, I found a girl, beautiful and sweet
Oh, I never knew you were the someone waiting for me

Newt Scamander first felt the feeling of true love in his third year at Hogwarts. When he met Y/N L/N, his partner in Care of Magical Creatures. He admired her strength, smarts, courage, bravery, everything about her. Not to mention she was a real beauty. Every guy in fifth year swooned over Y/N, leaving Newt down thinking he would never get to call you his own. Little did he know, you loved him just the same.

'Cause we were just kids when we fell in love
Not knowing what it was

Your and Newt's friends always teased you about how obvious it was you loved each other. After months of begging and pleading, Newt's friends finally got him to work up the courage to ask you out on a date. Some of your friends were behind you when Newt asked you, and they started squealing of happiness. When Newt asked you out it was clear he was very shy and nervous. You had to help him finish his sentence. You told him of course you would go out with him, and his adorable face melted into the happiest look you had ever seen the Hufflepuff show. (Even happier than when you got to study Bowtruckles in Care of Magical Creatures).

I will not give you up this time
But darling, just kiss me slow, your heart is all I own

And in your eyes you're holding mine

On your date you saw Newt open up more than he ever had before. He had so much more confidence now that you had actually said yes when he asked you out. You loved this about him; how he could brighten up any room just by simply cracking a smile. Towards the end of your date (which was a day in Hogsmeade during the spring) Newt's striking seafoam eyes stared into your E/C ones. He lifted a hand to cup your cheek, and leaned in to connect your lips with his. This was the bravest you had ever seen Newt. Naturally, you kissed back as your lips moved in perfect sync. It was a nice, slow, passionate kiss. You both pulled away, but only for a second before you crashed your lips onto his.
Baby, I'm dancing in the dark with you between my arms
Barefoot on the grass, listening to our favorite song

A year later in sixth year, on a gorgeous autumn night, Newt took you out to the courtyard after dinner with him. He led you to a spot in the forbidden forest that had been decorated with fairy lights. It was a beautiful sight. You asked Newt what this was, but before you could finish, Newt used his wand and set the needle on a record player that began playing lovely classical music. Newt pulled you into his arms and set his hands on your waist. Smiling because you knew what he was doing, you set your hands on his shoulders and began slowly swaying to the music.

When you said you looked a mess, I whispered underneath my breath
But you heard it, darling, you look perfect tonight

This happened just after dinner, and you weren't wearing any makeup and the two of you were in your school robes. Once you two picked up the pace a little bit and began dancing more freely, you laughed and said: "I look a mess tonight, Newt!" All he did was peck a kiss to your forehead and say: "Darling. You look perfect tonight."

Well I found a woman, stronger than anyone I know
She shares my dreams, I hope that someday I'll share her home

After your dancing date, you two were sitting side-by-side at the base of a large willow tree (not the Whomping Willow). You had your head resting on Newt's shoulder while he held your hand on his lap.

I found a love, to carry more than just my secrets
To carry love, to carry children of our own

Newt started telling you how one day he was going to marry you and you two would make the most beautiful children together. You smiled and laugh, staring at the beautiful stars that dotted the sky like millions of raindrops.

We are still kids, but we're so in love
Fighting against all odds

Newt felt different around you. A good different. Like he could pour out all his troubles and secrets and you would be there to listen to every word he had to say. You felt the same way about Newt. You both rarely hid anything from each other. And if you did it was most likely because of a surprise for the other. You and Newt had been through everything together, a couple nobody could ever break apart.

I know we'll be alright this time
Darling, just hold my hand
Be my girl, I'll be your man
I see my future in your eyes

Ever since you both began dating it was evident you were both happier people. Nothing could bring you down, except a few fights here and there that often ended with hugs and flowers. Newt loved you more than anything and everyday as he fell asleep he told himself: "I'm going to marry her one day."

Baby, I'm dancing in the dark, with you between my arms
Barefoot on the grass, listening to our favorite song
When I saw you in that dress, looking so beautiful
I don't deserve this, darling, you look perfect tonight

Ten years later, here you are. Walking down the aisle with your arm linked in your father's, a gorgeous and intricate white gown hung from your shoulders. Your soon-to-be husband Newt stood at the end, a huge smile on his face. As you finished the walk and stood next to Newt, he leaned over to your ear and very faintly whispered, "You look perfect tonight."

Baby, I'm dancing in the dark, with you between my arms
Barefoot on the grass, listening to our favorite song
I have faith in what I see
Now I know I have met an angel in person
And she looks perfect, I don't deserve this
You look perfect tonight

Newt and Y/N. Y/N and Newt. The perfect pair. You were his angel. And to think, when you first met you were nothing more than teenagers working together to pass a class at a school for witchcraft and wizardry. Now, a married couple living in London. Everything was... well... perfect.