26.1 - Growing Closer (A)

Hello Readers...as proposed by you guys, here i am with "shorter regular updates"...Okay the updates are not very short though, this one too is around 2500 words...hope you like it..

"What needs to be noted is that the next few updates will be scenes...different scenes clubbed into one update...the scenes would cover a span of few months till Mukti-Abhi's wedding" functions

I had initially written the update below as 3 different scenes but then i realized i could play around a little and make it into one scene which hopefully you would like..

So after a previous "All Manan Day Out" , here's presenting the gang back in action..

------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------

(Scene 1)

Fab5 along with Nandini, Navya and Abhi were sitting amidst absolute silence that had grabbed Dhruv's Flat

Mukti – Dhruv, stop testing our patience yaar...Speak up..!!

Cabir – Exactly Dhruv, Look at Nandini she flew down to Mumbai for you said it is an emergency and now it has been almost an hour that we've been treated with your silence...What is it..??

Dhruv – We are getting married...!!

All (except Dhruv and Alya) – Wait..what...!!!!!

Dhruv – Guys calm down, we are getting married...!!

Mukti – That is such great news Dhruv, but I don't get it why were you sulking...??

Dhruv – Mukti, let me finish, we are getting married tomorrow in the temple nearby...!!

Abhi – What...guys listen its great if you want to marry but why such rush....??...I mean let's have a proper wedding na..!!

Navya – Exactly, till day before yesterday, we were planning for Abhi and Mukti's wedding and I fail to understand what has happened in day that has resulted in you marrying tomorrow...!!

Cabir – Wait..!! are you guys planning to elope and get married...!!...But as far as I remember your families are okay with your relationship or If I may say more than okay with it and so are we...so why do you need to be a runaway couple..

Dhruv – What is it guys, we just said we want to get married...!!..someday or the other it has to happen right...!!...So why no tomorrow...??and Cabir are you sure you are okay with it because the questions that you all have been asking prove it otherwise

Everyone was stunned at the sudden outburst from Dhruv for he was always the calm one, a man of few words. Manik got up to sit beside Dhruv and spoke

Manik – Dhruv, Buddy..We are really happy with you decision to get married, all that's concerning or rather alarming us is the pace and timing of the events...it looks like a decision made in haste and we just wish to know the reason for the same...!!

Mukti – Alya, listen to me, you know we've got your back every time and we love you guys but let's face it this is too sudden and we are unable to gauge the reason of this sudden awakening to get married..

Cabir (chipping in) – Dude I am sorry if our questions have troubled you but we just want to know why are you taking this step for we are sure you are hiding something..!!

Navya – Hey wait...you went to meet Alya's grandparents yesterday...have they said something...??

Abhi – Guys guys...relax...lets not jump into conclusions...Dhruv, Alya please tell us what's bothering you..!!