Maia

Shit guys I'm sorry! This chapter has been completed for like a week now and I just realized I forgot to publish it 😳

*******

I jerk awake when I feel my mattress bounce underneath me. My eyes snap immediately towards Jaxon sitting at the foot of my bed, a wide grin on his face.

"Happy sixteenth birthday sis!" He shouts, throwing his hands up in the air.

I laugh, rolling my eyes. "Thanks Jax, did Angel make breakfast?" I ask.

He chuckles. "It's 3 o'clock in the afternoon so she made lunch; she knew you'd be hungry as soon as you woke up—well if you ever woke up." He suddenly reaches under my bed. "Anyway mom wanted me to show you this."

My eyes widen when he slides a large white box out. "How long has that been there?"

"A week I think? They hid it under here cause they know you never check under your bed."

"Yeah maybe I should start doing that," I murmur.

"Yeah, you should clean your room too," he says, glancing around.

I frown at him. "My room is perfect what are you talking about?"

He shrugs. "I'll let you open that, then meet everyone downstairs. Mom and Angel are taking you shopping," he tells me.

I wait for him to leave before tearing open the box. I instantly gasp. "Oh my god," I breathe.

**********

"Go ahead and get ready Maia, Jaxon and Kaine will take you over to the club when you're finished," my mom tells me.

"Okay!" I rush upstairs to grab the white box sitting on my bed. I hurry into my bathroom, box in hand.

I take probably the fastest shower of my life and blow dry my curly hair. I keep my makeup simple: gold and brown eyeshadow and red lipstick.

I reach into the box on the counter, grinning widely. I carefully slip into the dress; it fits perfectly.

"Wow," I murmur, admiring it in my full-length mirror.

The deep red dress is softer than silk. Small black rhinestones cover the bodice of the dress in an elaborate pattern that accentuates my waist.

It clings to my body and exaggerates my curves. I smirk when I realize there is a slit that goes up to the middle of my thigh.

My thoughts wander back to the box that has apparently been under my bed for a week. What else is under there?

I walk back into my room, and kneel on the ground, taking care not to ruin the dress. My eyes immediately catch onto another white box.

I snatch it out and tear it open. My eyes widen. You've got to be kidding me.

The black heels match the rhinestones on my dress, and so does the black tiara. I slip on the heels but not the tiara.

I hear my name called from downstairs. I glance at the crown again, biting my lip. I'm not ready for that kind of responsibility. Letting out a growl I throw it onto my bed and stomp downstairs.