Chapter Eleven

Persephone did not leave her room for the next couple of days. Her sisters were worried and Tina had forgiven her sister. All they wanted was their little sister to be back to her old self. Happy and smiling. Queenie would bring Persephone's favorite treats into her room to try and get her to leave but Persephone was just full of depression. She felt horrible. She didn't know what to do with herself. There were times where she wished that they had just killed her and gave Tina her old job back. But that's not how things played out.
-
"Peony, you have to leave the room one day," Queenie said softly and tried to be encouraging.
She shook her head and just turned away.
"Why don't you go with Tina, she going downtown today?" she asked.
That's where Credence was. Persephone teared up and sobbed into her pillow. While it may look like she was overreacting, Persephone just felt like she had lost a piece of her heart.
"Oh, I'm sorry, sweetheart," Queenie said and sat on the edge of Persephone's bed. She put the plate on the bedside table and looked down at her sister.
"They were doing it for the best, I'm sorry it had to happen this way," she said softly and reached over to caress her sister's cheek.
Persephone sighed and looked up at her sister with tear stained cheeks, "But he was a wizard, maybe a squib, but he still was one," she mumbled.
Queenie sighed and nodded, "I know, but the congress was just trying to do what's best and sometimes they don't know black from white."
She shook her head, "It's not fair!" she yelled and a vase exploded in the living room.
Queenie frowned and bit her lip, "Calm down, you're going to destroy the house."
Persephone was quiet. Maybe she did need to leave the house. She could get a milkshake if she left.
"I'll go, but I'm just going to get a milkshake," she mumbled and sat up.
Queenie grinned and let out a happy giggle, "Finally, thank goodness. Just please make sure your sister doesn't eat hot dogs again," she said and stood up, walking out.
Persephone got dressed poorly and walked out to meet her eldest sister in parlor. Tina smile and hugged her sister, "Let's go," she said softly.
She nodded and the two went off into the city. They walked around for a little and got hot dogs from a vendor cart for lunch. Tina shared jokes and Persephone's mood was lifted slightly. Everything was ruined when they walked in front of the bank.
There was Credence. Persephone's face dropped and tears threatened to fall down her face.
Persephone shook her head and just stared at Credence. He looked so scared and so weak. He stood there and flinched every time his mother raised her voice. He was even more broken. She could not stand watching him.
"Hey, Peony, there's a suspicious fella walking up the steps, let's follow him," Tina said as she broke Persephone out of her trance.
She nodded and watched Credence as she walked up the steps. Once she was in the bank, she looked around.
The two sisters split up, it was normal for them. They were trying to cover more ground. As Persephone looked around, she glanced out the doorway and found herself staring at Credence. The way he acted, the way he stood. Was all the same. She missed him.
She was broken out of her trance when she heard a loud noise. A man with a suitcase was running around, chasing what looked like a rat. Persephone sighed and got to work.

-

A/N: Sorry I haven't been updating, so many things have gone on that it's all been really hectic. I also apologize for such a short chapter, I promise to make it longer next time and more worth while. Much love <3 The Small Teaspoon