PROLOGUE

Never in my wildest dream, would I expect that; the one whom I trust the most is the one who would betray me…

He said “You will never be alone, being with you is contentment".

Those words alone are the only reason I'm still alive despite of numerous times that my life was in danger…

I' am an orphan. I grew up without knowing my heritage. Together with the other children; the basement was our home since birth.The organization taught us and sharpened us like a daggers in the night; to be a tools and be an assassin.

"I CAN’T DO IT”.

“I QUIT”.

Those are taboo words. We, the children of night shall never say those words. I almost give up because of the inhuman training they gave us. It was always dark. Even your own clansmen can never be trusted.

But.

When i met him; I saw the light for the first time…

He was the top child of the night within our organization. But he noticed a weakling like me and helped me with my training…
Before i knew it; I became a one of a kind assassin. I specialize in poison and medication. I was happy the organization acknowledged me and gave me the top and seemingly impossible missions. But I accomplished them perfectly…

But I never knew that hard work would only result in betrayal...

We become lovers; he and I. And he promised that after we accomplished our 1000th mission we will ask the higher up to let us live a normal life. I’m not a greedy person nor did I care for prestige; I want to be a normal woman who can freely love him…

I was prepared to abandon everything. My blood thirst. My fame. My position. For him…

The day of our 1000th mission was the day I was looking forward to. This will be our last mission and after this we can be together forever. But I never thought that this day is also my biggest nightmare…