Chapter 26 | Cole

I pulled Myles out of the house with me hand in hand. The dinner with my parents went well. Almost like how I expected it would go. I don't know why Myles was so worried.

We had decided that I would drive him home. When I started driving I reached over to turn on the radio but I pulled back.

"Myles?" I looked over at him with a grin.

"Uh, yeah?"

"You know at first I wanted to come out to people slowly... but now I'm just thinking 'screw it, who cares what everyone else thinks'. So I was thinking maybe we should come out? I'm done waiting." I told him.

But he didn't respond.

"Sooo, what do you think?" I questioned.

He frowned. "I um... I'm happy with the way things are."

"What do you mea- is that a no?"

"I don't know." He shrugged. "I just want to slow things down. Because so many people already know!"

"No, only a few." I said.

"My brother knows and your parents and we've also told a friend each. That's more than a few." He said in a matter-of-fact tone.

I groaned, "Come on. What's the big deal?"

"Can't we please just wait a bit. You only just asked me to be your boyfriend. This is too much too soon." He sighed.

"But I just want everyone to know you're my boyfriend." I sucked up to him.

"I'll think about it, yeah?" He offered.

"Fine." I gave up. Actually, no, I don't give up.

"You have until tomorrow afternoon to say yes. Or I'm just gonna out us to the world," I say seriously with a smirk.

"What?" He looked over at me shocked, with arms crossed. "That's unfair."

"A deal's a deal."

I pulled into Myles' drive way. He got out of the car and slammed the door.

What the hell?

I got out of the car. "So you aren't gonna say good bye?" I asked.

"Not if you don't deserve it," He replied.

"Hey, what's got you in a mood all of a sudden?" I reached out and grabbed his wrist.

"I-I can't believe you threatened m-me to out us. I'm not gonna let you boss me around!" He yelled.

I realized then, that it wasn't my decision to make. We had to both be willing. Although, I wanted us to be out together, Myles had to be ready for that and it was clear he wasn't ready yet. Now he's upset with me... again.  I can't say I blame him. It was frustrating to never be able to say or do the right thing.

All I do is fuck up.

"Calm down," I tried to use a soothing tone in my voice.  I really did want him to know I was sincerely apologetic. "Okay, I understand. I'm really sorry. I suppose I just wanted us to be able to show people we're together. It's hard keeping you- us a secret. But you gotta understand, this is hard for me."

"Yeah, I know. It's hard for me too. There's a part of me that wants to come out, but there's a bigger part of me that doesn't want to. I'm so scared of it." He admitted.

"Listen to me," I looked him in the eye and held it. "I'm ready, I want to come out, but more importantly, I want to come out with you. I want us to take on the world together." I told him.

He broke I contact and looked away, clearly flustered. "That's cheesy."

"I don't want to wait any longer." I murmured and moved my face closer to his. I brushed a hand through his hair and Myles closed his eyes.

"Okay, please Cole, just give me some more time. I like our relationship and I want to take a step further, but I'm just not ready." He explained.

"Alright, I can wait, because I really, really like you, Myles," I said.

I grabbed his tiny face in my hands and kissed him hard and passionately.

I'm so falling for him.

We broke apart for a bit to gulp some air, before our lips reattached themselves. I barely had noticed that I had backed him up against the front passenger door.

Myles let out a small moan, and that made me wish we were alone in a bedroom. Instead, we were outside his house. Much to my reluctance, it was probably best that we ended this, before things got overly heated.

But his hair is so soft, his skin is so smooth.

Myles boldly decided to place a hand under my shirt. I couldn't help but smile into the kiss because of it. I'm obsessed with the way it feels when when our skin makes contact. He lightly grazed his fingertips over my chest and I most lost it. He really had know idea the affect he had on me. After a few moments, I pull back.

His cheeks red and lips swollen, he says, "I really, really like you too."

-

When I arrive back home I make my way to my room. I actually have no idea what to do  as it's only 8:17pm.

I feel so bright and breezy when Myles is around. But he's not here now and I feel lost.
I fall back on my bed and let out a content sigh.

My phone buzzed in my pocket, causing me to
jolt upright.

Dylan: How'd it go with the 'rents, loverboy?

I forgot that I told him that Myles was going to be meeting my parents.

Me: Pretty good, shithead.

He sent me back a cheesy grin face emoji in response. It had me snickering, he's such an idiot.

Laying back down on the bed, I flopped my phone onto my carpet floor, not caring about the drop.

Maybe I should just go to bed. The quicker I fall asleep, the quicker time will pass, meaning that it would feel sooner until I see Myles again. Sometimes I wish I had Myles in my bed with me and we would fall asleep cuddling. I'm turning into such a softy. These feelings were some of the most nerve wracking feelings I've ever experienced.  Although, I can't deny it wasn't worth it.

-

My life's been busier with coach deciding to increase the hours on hour training.

To be honest, it's draining me and the last time I hung out with Myles was a week ago at my parents dinner. I thought I'd see him sooner, but things just hadn't fallen into place.

Of course, I've texted and spoken to him. A few kisses where stolen here and there when we had brief interactions. During school lately, I've often found myself glancing down the hallways to aw if I could spot him. It made me elated when I found him already staring at me with flushed cheeks and eyes full of longing. 

As much as I love the little things about our relationship, it was only getting harder to keep it a secret.

———————————————