Proposal and Rescue

Jayson couldn’t keep the grin off his face as he made his way back home.

He glanced at the small red velvet box on the passenger seat. The ring was perfect. Mr. Renee had emailed him the designs a week ago and Jayson had instantly chosen the second design. It has centre princess cut 24 carat diamond with two smaller violet stones on both the sides, exactly like the shades of Kate’s eyes. The band had a beautiful design engraved onto it. It was elegant and perfect.

After picking up the design Jayson had met with his real estate dealer and had picked a house for them as engagement/wedding gift for Kate.

The house was a beautiful Victorian style mansion with sprawling lawns and a beautiful backyard, perfect for a family. Though it needed to be renovated and brought up to date with latest technology which was not a problem because they still had time and the agent assured that it would be ready just in time before the wedding after Jay had given him an estimate of around six to eight months.

Even six to eight months seemed like an eternity to Jayson. Heck if it was up to him he would have eloped with her to Vegas and married her right this moment but he knew if he did that then his mother and grandmother would skin him alive.

He was going to propose to Kate tomorrow. He had decided to take her for early dinner to her favorite restaurant. Then from there he had asked his parents to lend him their Hamptons house for the weekend, which reminded him he also needed to purchase one there. There they would spend a romantic getaway and then they day they are suppose to leave, he would propose to her. He decided it would be on the beach under the open sky. The only thorn to his side was the doctor’s advice but Kate’s health was the priority.

“Hey love I am home.” Jayson said as he closed the door but was greeted by silence. Usually Kate came to the door as she got off from the museum at 4 and Jayson usually made it back home by 7 or 8.

“Kate!”  Jayson yelled again.

He was about to yell again when he saw her small form fast asleep on one of the couches in the living room. Jayson smiled and shook his head.
He knelt beside her and gently pushed her hair aside from her face.

“Hey gorgeous” Jayson whispered as he kissed her temple. Her eyes slowly fluttered open those violet orbs looked at him. No matter how much time passed between them, he would never be able to stop himself from drowning in them every time she looked at him.

Kate smiled as Jayson’s handsome face came into her focus with his crooked smile.

She leaned up and kissed him on his lips. Today had been hectic at work and though she tried to keep it minimal as per the doctor’s advice the workload got to her. So she had left from work an hour early. She had decided to rest her feet but she had ended up falling asleep on the couch.

“You remember what the doctor said right?” Jayson asked with worried glance. She looked tired.
Kate nodded her head.

I left early today" she said as she sat up straight.

“Good.” Jayson said as he pulled her up and kissed her on her head. Without her heels she only made it up to his chest which was more than fine by him.

“Mind joining me for a shower?”

Jayson asked as he smirked at Kate as she blushed.

“I promise no hanky panky” Jayson wiggled his eyebrows and Kate laughed out loud at his expressions.

It would be my pleasure” Kate said as she brushed past him and walked towards the stairs swaying her hips.
Jayson groaned and followed.
-----------------------------------------------------
“Alright you all” Stella said to the four men standing in front of her. Stella grimaced at their appearances and hoped for their own good that they did as she asked because she had paid them more than necessary but when it came to her JJ she would do anything.