8. Hunting For Seashockers

"ERET WHAT THE HECK IS THIS?!"

Eret lifted his head groggily and rubbed his eyes to see Moana holding something in front of his face. When his vision cleared, he could see it was a handful of snow.

"I went out to go feed your dragon and found this outside on the grass! It's everywhere!" Moana cried out and thrust the snow into his face. "And it's so cold! So is the air!"

"You've never seen snow? It comes whenever it's cold." Eret said sitting up and rubbing his eyes.

"I come from a much warmer climate." Moana explained. "And Maui is refusing to go outside and started a fire in your firepit to keep the house warm."

"Well that was nice of him. Now go throw that snow in your hands out, you'll freeze your fingers off."

Moana did as he asked and wiped her hands on her skirt. After dressing, the two headed downstairs to find Maui warming his hands in front of the firepit with Skull Crusher waiting beside it.

"Does this happen daily? That cold white stuff I mean." The demigod asked.

"Every once in a while, Berk is known for having winter for more than a few months." Eret answered. "Seeing that you two aren't ready for the cold, we'll have to give you an outfit change."

"Really?" Moana asked looking down at her clothes. "Well this was meant for much warmer climates so you are right."

"You'll just need a long sleeved shirt, breeches, cloak or fur hood and some boots." Eret said walking to the door. "And for Maui he'll need that too, I'll go out and ask around if anyone has any spare clothes that fit you all. Help yourselves to some food, I'll be right back, come Skull Crusher."

The two found some fish with salt and made themselves a simple meal of cooked fish. As Moana was picking the mess up from the floor and discarding the entrails, Eret returned with Astrid, Ruffnut, Tuffnut and Fishlegs and each were carrying bundles of what must have been clothes.

"Can we use your spare room?" Astrid asked Eret as she and Ruffnut walked over to Moana.

"Sure, just don't make a mess." He replied. "And be sure to return whatever doesn't fit Moana."

The three girls hurried up the stairs to the spare room Eret had and proceeded in examining the clothes.

"I'm thinking maybe blue or light brown for the shirt." Ruffnut said holding up two long sleeved shirts. "And maybe some dark brown leggings."

"I think the dark brown would look better on her." Astrid said motioning for Moana to try it on. "And remove your current shirt while you're at it."

"Do I have to?" Moana asked looking down at her top.

"Well maybe we could put it on top of the other shirt if b you don't want to get ride of it." Ruffnut suggested.

They turned away to let Moana put the new shirt on and place her old one on top of it. Of course it looked a little ridiculous so she removed it and put something else over the shirt. After nodding in agreement, the two girls helped her put the breeches on and proceeded in finding a pair of boots.

"This fits too small." Moana said removing the boots from her feet, and it kinda hurts my feet."

"You may not be used to having any sort of shoes, but these will protect your feet." Astrid said handing her a bigger pair. "Might have trouble looking for a pair to fit Maui."

"I know right? Have you seen the size of his feet?" Ruffnut laughed and helped Moana stand.

"So...how do I look?" Moana asked.