Chapter 24 - Game rules

Sophia's P.O.V.

When I woke up, Xander was sleeping. I watched him as I leaned on my elbow. He was very handsome. My handsome husband. I kissed his lips and got up. I felt sick. I ran to the bathroom. After I threw up, I washed my face and brushed my teeth. I took a shower as well. Xander woke up as I walked into the room. He looked at me from head to toe while lying.

 He looked at me from head to toe while lying

"My favorite view," he said and I smiled. He was still watching me.

"Do you want to take a shower?"

He raised his eyebrow at the question and responded, "I have better things to do, like watching you."

No harm could come from a little game. I opened the towel and it slid down. His eyes darkened. He did not expect me to do that. I rubbed body lotion on my leg and smoothed it down. He was staring at me passionately. He bit his lower lip. I continued to rub the lotion on my body without looking at him. I was sure it drove him crazy.

After, I put on my clothes and told him, "I’m going for a walk."

He looked at me, surprised. I knew what was on his mind. I left the room as he shouted, "But it's against the game rules!"

Xander's P.O.V.

I got up and took a cold shower; I needed it after that. But you would regret this, Mrs. Knight. I had a plan; I smirked at the thought. I put on my clothes and went down. She was not in the house. I went to the garden.

She was watching the flowers in the garden

She was watching the flowers in the garden. I moved closer to her and hugged her from behind. She pulled her head back on my shoulder and I took the opportunity to kiss her neck. I placed my hand on her belly and rubbed it. She smiled, placing her hand on top of my hand.

"How's my little buddy?" I asked.

"Fine." I kissed her cheek at her response.

"Let's have breakfast in the garden."

"Ok."

After we had breakfast, we went home. She was in the kitchen when I hugged her from behind and kissed her neck. She leaned her head back. I lowered my hands down her body. I stroked her hips. She closed her eyes. I slid my hand under her panties and rubbed her sensitive spot. She moaned as I teased her. She closed her eyes, biting her lower lip. A little later, I moved away. She looked at me with a questioning expression.

"Revenge for what you did this morning," I smirked. "Let's go for a walk."

After she got over her surprise, she narrowed her eyes and said, "I hate you, Xander." I smirked because I knew the situation she was in.

I went to the bedroom in the evening. She was lying in the bed. I took my clothes off and crawled on the bed. I kissed her neck and murmured, "Let's continue from where we left off."

She responded arrogantly, "I don’t know. I think I want to sleep."

"Hmm. I know some ways you could lose that sleepiness." I pulled the cover over us and pulled her closer to me, kissing her lips.

Sophia's P.O.V.

I woke up in the morning. I felt sick. I ran to the bathroom. Xander must have woken up from the noise. He followed me and held my hair as I threw up and washed my face. He placed his hand on my stomach and rubbed it. He asked, "Are you better?"

"Yeah," I responded.

We went back to the room. As Xander led me to the bed, he said, "Rest a little."

"No, I'm better."

"Okay, beautiful." We had breakfast.

Time passed very quickly. We had been staying in this beautiful place for two weeks. It was a beautiful honeymoon. We were returning home this afternoon. After breakfast, we packed our suitcases.

The jet landed. Luke was waiting for us at the airport. We got in the car. Xander was holding my hand. I placed my head on his shoulder and fell asleep.

"Sweetheart, wake up," Xander called softly into my ears. I opened my eyes. I fell asleep. I was exhausted. I was getting tired quickly.

We arrived home and got out of the car. He wrapped his arm around my waist. We walked into the house. We went upstairs and slept, hugging each other.

Xander was not in bed the next morning. I put on my clothes and went down.

"Good morning, darling."

"Good morning, my angel," he greeted back. He came closer to me and hugged me. He kissed my lips. He bent down and kissed my belly and whispered, "Good morning to you too, little buddy."

We sat and had breakfast.

"Our parents invited us to dinner tomorrow. We'll tell them about our baby then."

I stopped eating. We were married, but it was a little hard for me to say that I had gotten pregnant before we got married. Xander must have understood my anxious state.

"Don’t be afraid. If you want, we'll tell them you are 2 weeks pregnant. We can say that the baby was born early. Anyway, nobody will think about it at that time," he reassured me.

"That's a good idea. I don’t know how my parents will react. We're married now, but I am afraid to tell them."

He stood up and came close to me. He bent down and hugged me. Then, he leaned his head against my belly. I stroked his hair as he said, "Don’t be afraid. I will be with you all the time. Plus, stress isn't good for the baby."

He rubbed my belly and I said, "I love you."

He smiled at me and said, "I love you too, my angel."