The Outsider

Adelaide stood with the others in black, at Archie's funeral. Whilst she and the others weren't exactly on the same side currently but they both loved Archie... and besides Henry really wanted her there and Emma wasn't going to deny him that. Snow stood and spoke for the whole group.

"Some of us knew him as Archie, others as Jiminy but we all knew him as a true friend." She started and everyone was already in tears, Adelaide stood beside Henry and Emma. "And though he may now be gone, he will always live on inside of us. Reminding us to be our best selves to do the right thing, to always fight for what we believe in. So we shouldn't think of today as goodbye, just as a way of saying... Archie we'll be listening."

"I miss you so much my friend." Geppetto said walking up to the tombstone lying Archie's umbrella against it. "Well at least... you're in a better place."

After Archie's funeral, Adelaide went further into the graveyard and bent down besides a special grave. She brushed it dry of leaves that had settled on it. She's promised she'd lock after him however this time she didn't. She sat by the grave crying, she felt bad. Now she had her real memories back she knew that what she'd felt for him had been untrue – and yet it had felt so real at the time. Emma walked up to her and then saw the name on the gravestone. She knew that today had been so tough on Adelaide so she decided to call it truce.

"I miss him too,"

"I missed him... every day before the curse was broken," Adelaide admitted. "I thought of him every moment of every day and then... the second the curse had broken, it's almost as though I'd forgotten he existed. I just... feel so guilty about all of this..."

"You know he would have forgiven you."

"That just makes me feel worse."

"Hey, cursed or not he loved you and I know you loved him too. It may not have been the kind of true love you shared with your pirate, but he did love you."

"Thank you Emma, I needed this."

"Why don't you come over, Mary Margaret's holding a kind of wake. You're welcome to come if that would make you feel better."

"It would." Adelaide said standing and going with Emma to Mary Margaret's apartment.

*

Killian left Archie for the night, let his imagination wonder for what he had instore for the next day. Early the next morning Killian went down to Archie who looked practically petrified. The closer Killian got the more scared Archie got. He had to admit, but Killian liked that affect he had on people.

"Wait, no please, don't. Wait! Please! Please!"

"Shh... as your patient, the Dark One must've told you all manner of secrets – where is his dagger."

"I don't know anything about a dagger."

"No, you don't. Do you?" Killian said almost casually, which made Archie scared. He'd expected to be tortured to get that kind of answer but to see that he actually believed him was worse. "It's his weakness, now tell me – does he have any others?...Very well, I've always wanted to dissect a cricket."

"No!" Archie shouted as Killian went to dig his Hook into Archie's head, "Wait, wait please."

"Ah... that's more like it. Now tell me Cricket, what is his weakness?"

*

Adelaide sat at her vanity in the Jolly Roger, she knew fully well that Killian and the crew had gone ashore to get some supplies. Their docking wasn't a long one, they would be in port for a couple of hours at maximum before setting off again. Adelaide heard someone enter the ship but just assumed that it was one of the crew. However, her chamber door opened and a man she'd never seen before entered – if he'd been a member of the crew he would have known better than to go into her chambers unannounced.