Chapter Two

Hayden was wrong. Government was not fun. It was strict and cold and boring.

I sat in the back in the assigned seats Mr. Apple had given us based on our last names. Hayden Aaron was sat in the very first seat and I could tell it was making her sick. Mr. Apple was lecturing and Hayden was actually covering her ears.

Two seats down from Hayden, was Ian Black in all his beautifullness. He had the same expression the rest of the class had all though he was one of the only ones going through the syllabus with Mr. apple.

Sin Westbrook was sitting directly next to me. Out of all of the reasons I hated my last name being Vincent, this topped the list.

He was still glaring. Not directly at me now, but he was scowling down at his desk with his hands balled in a fist. I couldn't think of what could make a guy so angry.

Maybe I came on too strong
Maybe I waited too long
Maybe I played my cards wrong
Oh, just a little bit wrong
Baby I apologize for it

My hands immediately went to my pockets as my phone began to ring. I quickly tapped the end button recognizing Kody's number but the whole class was now staring at me, including Mr. Apple.

"Ah, that brings me to the cellphone policy..." He continued on his little rant.

I felt my cheeks burning as the class slowly began to go back to whatever it was they were doing.

"Who was that?"

I caught my breath as I turned to Sin. He was looking at me now with one eyebrow raised. I narrowed my eyes. "Umm..." I trailed off. Since when did Sin talk to me?

"It's a pretty simple question." He said crossing his arms.

I was in shock. Darting my eyes around the room I noticed half of the class looking at us. I wasn't surprised. Sin wasn't known to be talkative.

Quickly I held up my phone. "It was my brother." I explained.

He simply nodded turning his attention back to the teacher. I had never been more confused in my life. I made a face to Hayden who was staring at me. She shrugged her shoulders with a smile before miming a gun and pretending to shoot herself in the head. I laughed.

************************************************************

After school I sat on the hood of my car with a blue Powerade. It was nice and warm outside and my drink was cold. Hayden sat next to me. She was waiting for her dad to come get her. He was always late picking her up.

"I swear if beef jerky could talk I'd marry it." She said taking a bite out of her stick of beef jerky.

I laughed. "For about two days." I said.

She rolled her eyes. "Speaking of Sin. What the hell was that in class?" She asked.

I sighed. I had been waiting for her to ask me about it. "I don't know what the heck that was. I have never said more than two words to the guy."

She widened her eyes. "Oh my gosh, what if he's been in love with you this entire time and he was just waiting for Kody to leave so that he could seduce you."

I laughed. "Right, because Sin Westbrook is afraid of my brother." I said sarcastically.

Hayden pursed her lips. "A lot of guys are afraid of Kody, Sin's not some kind of God. Well, maybe a sex god. And I say if I'm right about this you drop Ian and you ride Sin into the sunset like a noble steed."

I nearly choked on my drink. "First of all, I'm not even slightly interested in Sin. Secondly I can't drop Ian. I haven't even picked him up yet."

Hayden clapped her hands. "Clever." She said. "But there's a reason you chose me as a best friend."

"Because you were trying to use me to get close to my brother." I said nonchalantly.

She put her hand in my face. "Another reason. Because I deliver results. Also I happen to sit close to Ian in Government and I may or may not have given him your number."

I sat up quickly widening my eyes. "You did? What did he say, tell me everything!"

She laughed. "He said that you should be expecting a text tonight little mama."

I frowned. "Tonight?! I am not prepared to text him tonight. I had a six month plan Hade."

She laughed. "That was never going to work. Just flirt with him. You can do it." SHe turned her head when she heard a car honking. "That's my ride. text me later."

I flipped her off as she ran to her father's car.

I pulled my phone out of my pocket slipping off the hood of my car. I quickly got in the driver's seat and put the key in the ignition.

Nothing.

I groaned to myself. I tried to remember if I had left my door open or my lights on. I didn't know.

When I heard a horn honking I leaned my head outside of the car. Sure enough, Sin's mustang was stopped in front of my car. He looked annoyed with his arm hanging out his open window. I immediately froze up waiting for him to say something.

"You good?" He asked simply.

I didn't know what to say, lying would have just embarrassed me, but at the same time I didn't want Sin giving me a ride or attempting to fix my car. I decided to just go with the truth.

"It's dead." I said

He chewed on his bottom lip a moment before putting his car in park and getting out of the car.

He walked up to my side of the car leaning over so that he could look inside of the car. "Let's see. turn the Key."

I frowned. "I told you, it's dead." When he didn't seem to care I sighed turning the key. Again nothing happened. "Any other great ideas Mr. Mechanic?" I asked in a rude tone. I quickly shut my mouth when Sin glared at me.

"Do you have any cables?" he asked.

I sighed. "No. I could probably ask my dad." I said unlocking my phone.

"I have some at my house. I'll give you a ride home and I'll give you a jump tomorrow." He said opening my door.

I panicked.

"Why don't you just bring it here, and I'll wait." I said not wanting to be trapped in a car with him.

He sent me a blank look. "I have work. I wouldn't have time. Let's go." He said reaching in my backseat and grabbing my backpack. He wasn't giving me any room to argue.

"Uh..." I froze. Finally giving up I locked all of my doors manually before slipping my keys in my pocket. I was one hundred percent certain that this was going to be the worse drive of my life.