Frazel -Mist-

Frazel

Patrick Hoft's POV

I guide my class toward the assembly. They stumble along, tripping over each other, chattering excitingly. They are only four of five I suppose. I watch Emily Zhang walk quietly along. Emily was normally a happy child. Making sure other children are always happy as well. She had a sharp mind and was quick on her toes. I have met her mother, a truly wonderful women, but I have never met her father. I haven't wanted to ask in case he was long gone. Her gloomy mood is effecting the others, diming their good mood. Emily's friends Lucy Grace and Zoe Jackson comfort her. We make it to hall and I usher the students into the room, but I stop Emily before she enters. Luc and Zoe stop and turn towards their friends.

"Go on girls, I just need to talk to Emily for a second," I say. They leave. I duck down to Emily's level.

"Are you okay Emily?" I question.

"I am fine, Mr Hoft," she replies, "It's just Mommy said Daddy would be back today, but he wasn't."

"Where has your dad been?" I ask.

"Well Daddy is very important because he commands big armies," she says proudly. Okay that answers the Father question.

"Okay thank you, Emily," I smile she runs into the hall. I follow behind after her. I take a sit and watch the assembly.

----Time skip----

The assembly draws to a close, nothing exciting happens. The kids are all fidgeting.

"Okay before we go I would like to introduce a special guest," the principle announces. He steps to the side and a tall bulky Chinese dude in an army uniform and steps up.

"Hell my name is..." he cut short, by Emily screaming,

"Daddy."

She rushes up to the stage and Sam Zhang who is in 5th grade follows her. She takes a flying leap at the guy and he picks her up and tightly hug her. Sam makes it up on stage and he hug the man.

"Sorry, my name is General Frank Zhang," he introduces himself. I look around the room, some of the teachers are getting a little misty. Frank makes a speech about his work.

"Thank you for listening," Frank concludes. He guides Emily and Sam from the stage. He shakes the principles hand and walk off. They pass me and I hear Frank say to the children, "Let's go surprise mom." The children giggle and they leave.