Chapter 17: Alexis Wasn't Lauren.

Camila woke up and Lauren wasn't there.

And she didn't know what to feel. Maybe she was in the bathroom, she thought but she knew she was lying to herself. The bathroom was quiet and no lights can be seen from the tiny gaps around the door.

She wanted to cry but no tears could escape. Why is she sad? She sort of expected this. Lauren was always busy and she understood that. She herself was busy.

Before she could lean to check her phone, the door opened. And her heart stopped, she only wanted one girl behind that door.

And it wasn't her.

"Camz, I bought you some banana waffles. Still don't know why it's two dollars more expensive than ordinary waffles but fuck it. Here you go princess." Alexis said as she walked over towards her bed. She put down the plastic plate on the bedside counter and gave Camila a weak smile.

"Did you see Lauren?" Camila asked hopefully.

"No... I thought she was going to be here.. I bought her some food too." Alexis replied truthfully, taking out, showing Camila the other bag she was holding. Alexis frowned at this new information, she just began to like the green eyed girl. The least she can do is leave her a note so she won't have to worry.

"Check your phone.. I'm sure she won't leave unexplained." Alexis suggested and Camila quickly plugged out her phone from her charger and unlocked it.

No text, no call.

"Fuck. Um, hey-" Alexis began but was cut by the door suddenly opening.

"Surprise!!!!!!!" Roger exclaimed as he walked in with a cake with the writing : CC1

Landon stood behind him with a bouquet of rose behind his back, smiling widely but immediately frowned when she saw the frown on his best friend's face. He didn't even bother hiding the flowers anymore and just jumped on the bed to console her.

"What's wrong?" He eyed Alexis warningly, making sure she didn't do anything. Alexis shrug in complain, a bit offended Landon would think she would hurt her. He was aware of Alexis' feelings and confronted her, of course, she couldn't lie to his twin.

"Nothing.. thank you so much guys. I love you." Camila stated warmly and gave the boy a tight hug. She then proceeded to do the same to Alexis and Roger.

The door opened again...

"Congratulations Camz!" Lauren chirped and the girls stood behind her, all grinning widely.

Camila's face brightened but was still pissed at Lauren for leaving without telling her. Not to be clingy but Lauren knew how insecure she was. Before she could stop herself, tears started dropping down her tears. She can't tell whether it was out of joy that Lauren was there or sadness that she left like she always did.

"Hey Camz.. what's wrong?" Lauren asked. Landon got off the bed to give both girls some space. She softly rubbed her arms and kissed her temple.

"You... you weren't here." Camila mumbled.

"Baby.. I left you a note."

"What?"

"Yeah.. A post it on the side of the fridge."

"WHO THE FUCK GOES TO THE FRIDGE AFTER THEY WAKE UP LAUREN." Camila exclaimed, a bit frustrated at the idiot she was hugging but chuckled at her dumbness.

"But.. your bananas are on the kitchen counter. I assumed you would head over to the kitchen to grab some.. and then you'll see the note and we'd be like those cute movie couples." Lauren ranted and Camila kissed her forehead to show her adoration.