The Stew Accident

Chapter Two:

Breakfast had gone by quickly, Shirgure starting a fight between Kyo and Yuki that momentarily distracted Tohru from the butterflies in her stomach, and she had to spend all of her energy defusing the fight before Shirgure's house was trashed again, especially since they'd just gotten it fixed after Kagura's last visit.

Now the three were heading off to school, Yuki keeping pace with Tohru while Kyo walked just a little up ahead, his long legs and quick pace making him zoom faster than the others. Tohru couldn't help but enjoy the view from behind, his long legs, and soft hair, and the morning sun radiated down on him. "Come on slow pokes-" he yelled back at them, "I'm going to grow roots by the time we make it to school!"

Yuki rolled his eyes, running a hand through his silver hair, "Shut up, we are keeping pace with Ms. Honda, but of course you're too insensitive to notice people other than yourself". Yuki glanced over to smile at Tohru and she smiled back, but secretly she wondered if she was slow, she tried to hurry up, and nearly tripped. Kyo'd glanced back when Yuki spoke to him, and noticed Tohru nearly lose her footing from trying to rush. He slowed his pace, and started walking beside her. "Hey, don't rush-" he told her, running a hand over the back of his neck, embarrassed he'd almost left her behind.

"I wasn't rushing-" Tohru fibbed a little, but both Yuki and Kyo knew that she wasn't telling the truth. They ignored her little fib, and both boys went to grab her hand at the same time. Kyo saw Yuki go for Tohru's hand though, and pulled his back. He wasn't sure what to do, so he stepped off the left a little, leaving Yuki to tug Tohru towards the school.

Tohru didn't mind Yuki holding her hand, it was what friends did, and she'd missed Kyo jerk his own hand back, but she wished he'd held her hand. Yuki didn't give her butterflies like Kyo did, and she wanted the same sensation from the morning again,

Damn it. He complained internally. You should have just gone for her hand before that damn rat did, now he's got her hand and thinks he's got some sort of control or something, acting like he can just grab her hand whenever he damn well pleases. Kyo's face had pinched into a scowl, and he was starting to rethink everything he'd done. I should have gone for her hand first, and I shouldn't have pulled back when Yuki grabbed her other one, now she thinks I'm disgusted she held his damn hand or something.

Kyo was still deep in thought when they arrived at the school, and they rushed to class, the first half of the day going past in the blink of an eye. By lunch time, they were all sitting together, Kyo sitting sideways at the table, munching on his packed lunch, Yuki sitting properly, always so polite at the table. Arisa was bragging to Tohru about her ability to play cards, and was flipping a deck around. Tohru smiled at her, playing cards was their usual lunch time activity, they usually played, and generally everyone got along.

Kyo had been daydreaming most of the day about what had happened in the morning, involving Tohru. He thought about her soft thighs, and her short skirt, and his mind kept sliding to indecent places. He shook it off. She didn't think of him that way, it was filthy. She was just his friend, he needed to stop it.

Tohru had just heated up her warm lunch, stew from the night before, and she looked around for a spare seat at the table. She herself had spent most of the day daydreaming, thinking about the morning. While she'd liked Kyo before, she'd never thought of him, romantically. He'd been more of a platonic figure. Suddenly however, she'd been awakened to the possibility that he was very attractive, and it made her stomach clench at the thought. However, she knew that he didn't think of her the same way, she was an "average girl" as Hatori had once said, and Kagura was prettier than she was.

As Tohru approached the table, the only available seat was beside Kyo, but that wasn't an issue. She moved to sit down, and just as she was setting the bowl on the edge of the table, she bumped it, flipping it right off into Kyo's lap.

"Damn it!" He yelled, jumping to his feet, his chair skittering back, stew staining the front of his cargo pants.

"Oh my gosh!" Tohru exclaimed, grabbing at napkins that were nearby, looking back and forth frantically. "I'm so sorry, I didn't mean to- I just, I tipped it by accident and it fell and I'm so sorry-" she leaned over, trying to wipe stew off of the front of Kyo's shirt, her hand sliding down to try and dap at the front of his pants.

Kyo felt a sudden surge of heat in his stomach as her hand brushed over the front of his tan cargo pants, trying to sponge up stew, he suddenly felt a throbbing in his dick, his cheeks flushing red. His stomach tightened, and he was suddenly aware of everyone's eyes on him, as her hand brushed past his zipper, and he felt his dick give the littlest twitch.

His hand snapped out and caught her by the wrist. "Why don't you just watch where you're going so that you don't keep making dumb mistakes like this?" He shouted, "You wouldn't have to clean up so many messes if you used your head once in a while, and didn't bobble around like an airhead." As soon as he words left Kyo's mouth he regretted it, but it was too late. His teeth clenched, and he grinded his jaw. Why'd he always have to run his mouth like this? She'd just been trying to help him.

He saw tears start to well up in Tohru's eyes, something he couldn't deal with. He knocked the napkin out of her hand, and turned, sprinting out of the cafeteria, not sure where he was heading, but it was away.

Tohru was left standing at the table, everyone watching her, stew soaked napkin in hand, staring off towards where Kyo had run. She blinked back tears even though his words had hurt, and she was surprised at how harsh he'd been. It had just been an accident, she'd tried to clean it up, she wasn't sure what she'd done wrong. Tohru turned around and fake smiled at everyone. "He's just having a bad day-" she laughed, and everyone was quick to move on, except Tohru couldn't shake the sick feeling in her stomach, for the rest of the school day.