Chpt. 7 {Did I Just Say That}

"Hey guys," I say into the group call with my friends

"Hey y/n/n!" Everyone replies except Finn

"Sup, princess!" He says instead.

"You guys wanna do something?" I ask.

"I would but, Nona is making me do something responsible today," Noah complains.

"I have to help Sadie with her homework that was due last month. She'll have to go to summer school if she doesn't do it." Millie says

"Yeah, I have to do my homework" Sadie replies with a laugh.

"I have to plan a plot against someone" Caleb laughs

"And, I'm supposed to help him" Gaten adds

"I'm free" Finn shrugs

"Cool! Wanna do something Finn?" I ask.

"Sure, I'll text you, " He says

"Okay"

"Bye guys!" We all say at the same time, and hang up.

Finn Facetimes me.

"Hey princess"

"He, Finnie!" I exclaim

"What do you wanna do?" He asks.

"I dunno. Something substantial. We should film for the movie!" I exclaim, my new idea.

"Good idea princess!"

"What should we do for the movie princess?"

"Hmmm... How about we go skateboarding and then come back to my place after. I want to plan something that will make this a great movie!" I say happily.

"Okay. When?" He asks

"Climb up my window in ten," I say

"Got it"

"Bye!" We say in unison and hang up the phone.

I open my window enough so Finn can climb in and get dressed. I wear a crop top sweatshirt, dark wash jean shorts, and my black wedged sneakers. I grab my black heart sunglasses and my backpack and put a few things in it. I through my fish net, fingerless, gloves on and Finn climbs through the window.

"Hey princess," He says in a sly voice.

"Sup"

"What do you want to plan later?" He asks and sits down on my bed.

"You'll see!" I say happily.

"I guess I will. Now let's go skateboarding!" He exclaims and I grab my skateboard from my closet.

My mom is out shopping so she won't know we jumped out the window. It just seems cooler. I put a sticky note telling her I went out and we jumped. Finn landed on the ground and I did too shortly after. I landed with a soft pat on the ground and we grabbed our boards.

~~~

Finn and I got a little tired of boarding so we sat on a bench facing the water. It was a beautiful view.

"Hey, y/n?"

"Yeah?"

"I-I-I..." He trailed off.

"You?" I ask trying to get him to finish.

"I think I like you. More than a friend." He says.

"I-I. I love you Finn Wolfhard." I blurt out.

"Did I just say that?"