Chapter 6: Yes

A tear ran down my cheek as I witnessed William being taken by police officers. He looked back at me, giving the look of anger. Does he think I did this? I didn't know for sure. I also didn't know who the unknown number was.

All I knew, is at the end of all this... when I found out who's fucking with me and William... I would kill that son of a bitch. I needed my dad to help me if I was going to get William out of the police department. The detectives are going to ask him questions that will pertain to Trisha and Tom's death. My father is in the police enforcement so he'd know that those detectives are going to make William nervous, causing him to admit what we've done. That would be a tragedy.

The cafeteria stares at William as he is taken away by the police. The cafeteria starts chattering and begins to grow louder. Principle Hendricks walks u on stage, west of the cafeteria while Caleb and I were at the north of the cafeteria. He grabbed the microphone, putting it to his mouth.

"Hey!" He yelled. "Quiet!"

Principle Hendricks' loud voice shut up the cafeteria. "I know what you've just witnessed is quite unpleasant! But, that does not give you the right to cause ruckus! Now, shut up and finish your lunch!"

The cafeteria began chatting again, this time quiet. Aaron approached my table, taking a seat. "I'm sorry about your friend." I look at him, confused.

"How did you know he was my friend?"

"Well, I sort of assumed he was. Considering, he sits with you every day."

"I guess," I said, wiping my tears.

"Hey, I'm Caleb," Caleb said.

"I'm Aaron," Aaron replied.

I assumed they were introducing themselves to each other due to the fact that I knew who they both were at this point.

After school, I headed home. I was happy to see my father was home, looking through files while my mother cooked dinner. "Hey Dad, we need to talk."

He looked at me, frustrated. "I already know William is in interrogation."

Oh yeah, that's right. He's a police officer... duh. "Are you going to be able to get him out?" He stares back with a face of annoyance. "I don't think I can. I'll try." I got a ding from my phone as I unlock my screen.

Unknown: Hey, Crystal. I need you to do something for me.

Me: What is it?

Unknown: I need you to kill someone for me.

WHAT THE FUCK?! I knew I couldn't kill anyone else. I was already in deep trouble.

Me: What?! I can't kill someone!

Unknown: You can if you don't want to live behind bars.

Me: are you shitting me?! Who the fuck are you?!

Unknown: I am the one who you need in order to become your true self.

Me: What does that even mean?

Unknown: You will know soon. For now, do as I ask.

I couldn't believe I was actually considering it. But, I wouldn't rot behind bars because of some fuck-wad.

Me: Who do you need me to kill?

Unknown: You're going to kill a local drug dealer in town.

Me: What? A drug dealer? Why?

Unknown: No time for questions. Don't do anything stupid, Crystal. I'm always watching.

The unknown number gave me an address. I recognized it. It was near the coffee shop Courtney worked at. Courtney was my best friend a while back, maybe the seventh grade or something. We haven't talked in a while due to the fact she stole my boyfriend. Okay, okay, not my boyfriend. A boy I liked.

I left my house, telling my dad I'd went to a friend's house. I walked across the street, honking cars passing by. I entered a neighborhood, looking quite uncomfortable. I saw a couch flipped over in the front yard of one of the houses, and pit bulls snarling at the gate of another.

I walked in the middle of the road, hoping I wouldn't get slapped by someone's car. I viewed a house of which two men were out front sitting in chairs, smoking. A ding startled me. I calmed down once seeing it was my phone.

Unknown: The house is two down, to the left.

Me: Wait... how do you know where I am?

Unknown: Like I said, I'm always watching.

My spine shivered due to that text message. I walked up front to the house, nervous. I was in front of the gate. I saw an overhang on the side of the house, where several guys were listening to music, which was at max volume, while they smoked. I entered the gate, viewing clouds of white emerge from their mouths. As I came closer, the music got louder. One of the men let down his cigarette, leaving his seat.

A ding went off. I opened my phone.

Unknown: The guy's name is Little-Man.

One of the guys approached me, as the others exited their seats and walked towards me as well. "Wrong house, little girl." One of the men said in a deep voice. I remained silent. "Who are you?" One of the men asked.

"I'm the one who needs to talk to one named Little-Man."

The men exchanged looks. "Listen, Princess. You need to get the f-" I interrupted him, not giving two shits what he had to say. "No, you listen to me, fuck-face." The man tilted his head, surprised. "The fuck you just say?"

"I'm sure your boss wouldn't like if his clients were treated poorly."

They exchanged looks once more. "Follow me." They navigated me towards their boss. Success was near. They led me inside, closing the door behind me. A man no more than 4 feet sat on the couch, two men beside him. I walked up to him, just us 4 in the house. "Oh, Mamacita!" Fucking asshole. "I'm here to speak with you, Little-Man." He looks at me. "Well, what the hell do you need?"

"I need to kill you."

He looks at me, laughing as he stands. He pulls a knife with a blade one foot long. He stabs the table down. "What did you just say?!" He yells. "I need to kill you." His two men pull their guns out, pointing at me. I smile whilst pulling my pocket knife out. "You're all already dead."

Out of the neighborhood, I was in, was William in the police department.

William and two detectives sat at a table, asking countless questions.

"Do you have anything to do with the murder of Trisha Delarosa and Tom Ortega?"

"No."

"Do you have anything to do with the murder of Joslyn Patters?"

"No."

"Do you know someone who may have killed Joslyn Patters?"

William stared down in hesitation, then staring back up at the detectives with a straight face.

"Yes."

-------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------

4/3/2017

Thanks for reading Chapter Six of 'The Day I Became a Serial Killer'. I'd really appreciate some feedback in the comments, as well as a book vote if you enjoyed the sixth chapter. Thank you for reading, fellow Wattpaders! Chapter Seven is out now!