The Last Dance (26)

Hello, so sorry for the long wait, I was having a bit of writers block but then I just started writing and got back on track.  

So now, not only is this chapter finally up, the next is almost finished too, so if you want it fast be sure to comment and vote!

Comment and Vote?

Cheers, 

xo.

***************************************************

Recap:

___________________________________________________

We stood apart, facing each other.

"Well, goodnight then" I said softly

"Night Cece, try not to pine for me too much while I'm locked away in my tower for the next week"

I laughed at the fake desolate expression on his face. And what 'tower' was he talking about?

How over dramatic, and yet so typically John. I smiled.

"I don't 'pine' John, I'll just have to break you out if I miss you too much" I teased.

He laughed "Now THAT I would love to see"  

___________________________________________________

Chapter 26 - Catching Up

I woke up feeling unbelievably refreshed after a night in my own bed. The ground just didn't compare, even under the light of the stars.

I got up slowly, savouring the light that filtered through the window and lit up the room in a sunburst of colors.

Standing up I made my way to the window and pulled open the blinds, letting the heat and light flood my room. I was surprised that it was well past sunrise, and almost around noon. I guess I had been more tired than I thought.

I continued taking my time getting dressed; happily throwing aside the dratted skirts I'd been forced to wear over the last days. It felt good being able to don the loose comfortable practice clothes I was so used to.

The hallways were empty of guests at this late hour and I assumed the new residents would be down at the market occupying themselves. For many young women this would be their first time at court, surely a big difference from the little fiefs they had grown up in.

I was grateful for the quiet but surprised that Mira and Lily hadn't come to find me yet; I knew word got around fast in the castle.

I turned my steps towards the mess hall, the most likely place to run into a familiar face.

"Cee!" I grinned at the ring of the familiar voice of one of my best friends.

"Lil'!"

We rushed towards each other and embraced into a bone crushing hug.

"I missed you!"

"Me too."

"How is everything? You have to catch me up on all the court gossip" I said with a grin.

Who ever thought I would miss the latest castle intrigue?

She giggled and raised an eyebrow at me. "Please Cee, I'd so much rather hear about your trip, stuck with John for all this time!"

"Wait, you knew about that?"

She rolled her eyes at me "Well of course we knew; the King wouldn't try fooling us about you staying at Anna's while the Prince was on the field. So what was it like?"