Chapter 16 - Potions

The week went by quickly and Friday was finally here. Rosalie woke up with a surprised yell when she felt freezing water fall on top of. She turned her head to see the culprit of her horrible wake up call, and was not really surprised when she saw Pansy standing there grinning at her. Pansy was known for waking everyone in the most horrendous of ways, on the first day of classes she woke Millie, who was one of Pansy's best friend since childhood, by holding her nose and covering her mouth so she couldn't breathe, she ended up blacking out from the lack of oxygen, everyone of the first year Slytherin girls decided she could wake them however she wants but they have to be harmless. Pansy readily agreed, she sobbed for about 2 hours when they had to send Millie straight to the hospital wing.

Rosalie sighed annoyed but her eyes twinkled in amusement. She quickly got dressed and the girls met the boys in the common and then left in an orderly fashion. They arrived at the great early hall like usual and sat down and started eating. "What have we got first" Daphne blurted out so suddenly Draco started chocking in his food. He glared at everyone as they sniggered at his misfortune. "We have double potions" Pansy said after she got control of her giggling. Nerves settled in Rosalie's stomach when she heard. She remembered how her first potions lesson went the first time she was here, she hadn't seen professor Snape since the night they got at the castle. She always hated him when she was younger, but he was a very good teacher to those who put effort into making potions, even students not in Slytherin. However professor Snape hated her with a passion and she didn't think he'd be nice to her in lessons just because he was her head of house and he always favoured the Slytherins.

After everyone had finished there breakfast they made there way back to the dungeons. They stood outside the door waiting patiently to be let in. After about five minutes they walked in and waited for professor Snape. Greg and Vincent were sitting with each other, Blaise and Draco were partners, as were Millie and Theo, than there was Pansy and Daphne next to each other, Tracy and Rosalie opted to sit alone as they both wanted to sit with other people who were from Gryffindor and Hufflepuff.Tracy wanted to sit next to her childhood friend Fay Dunbar who Rosalie faintly remembered but they couldn't of said more than five words to each other. All the Slytherins were on one side of the room so they could stay as far away from the Gryffindors as possible. When the Gryffindors and Neville, who was with the Gryffindors for lessons because there was an odd number of Gryffindors and too many Hufflepuffs, came in they took there seats, while being very loud and annoying. Before Neville and Fay could sit down they were dragged to the Slytherin side to sit with Tracy and Rosalie. Neville smiled shyly at Rosalie and they started talking quietly to each other until professor Snape came in, his robes swooshing as he walked. Snape, like Flitwick, started the class by taking the roll call, and like Flitwick, he paused at Rosalie's  name. He looked up sneering at her before carrying on, he obviously wasn't ready to ruin his reputation of being horrible to everyone but the Slytherins by being horrible to a Slytherin. He carried on after that, completely ignoring her. "As there is little foolish wand-waving here, many of you will hardly believe this is magic. I don't expect you will really understand the beauty of the softly simmering cauldron with its shimmering fumes, the delicate power of liquids that creep through the human veins, bewitching the minds, ensnaring the senses... I can teach you how to bottle fame, brew glory, and even stopper death - if you aren't as big a bunch of dunderheads as I usually have to teach." The Gryffindors looked offended and Rosalie could feel Neville shifting uncomfortably next to her. She smiled softly at him to try and comfort him, he relaxed a fraction when he saw it and smiled nervously back. All the Slytherins at that moment got there parchment and quills from there bags. 

"Potter!" said Snape suddenly. "What would I get if I added powdered root of asphodel to an infusion of wormwood?" "They make a sleeping potion so powerful it is known as the Draught of Living Death sir" she answered calmly. Professor Snape stared at her shocked for a moment before he narrowed his eyes at her.
"Where would you look if I told you to find me a bezoar?" He asked her, " "A bezoar is a stone taken from the stomack of a goat and it will save you from most poisons." She answered immediately smirking at him whilst his eyes narrowed even more.
"What is the difference, Potter, between monkshood and wolfsbane?" He practically growled out.  Monkshood and wolfsbane, they are the same plant, which also goes by the name of aconite." She answered looking very proud of herself. Professor Snape breathed through his nose to try to calm himself down before saying "well done miss Potter 15 points to Slytherin" he forced out before snapping to the entire class, "Well? Why aren't you all copying that down?"

Today we will be making a simple boils potion, instructions are on the board, you will be working in pairs, hurry up and get your ingredients. Neville and Rosalie worked quickly together and made sure they were doing everything perfectly. BANG! Everyone spun there head around to see Ron Weasley and Seamus Finnigan standing there covered in boils. "Idiot boys" snarled Snape, clearing the spilled potion away with one wave of his wand. "I suppose you added the porcupine quills before taking the cauldron off the fire?" "Thomas take them to the hospital wing" he snapped. "Everyone finished the potion put your names on it and place it on my desk than pack away" he growled. Everyone on the Slytherin side of the room was finished and was packed away quickly. They all waited patiently for professor Snape to dismiss them. He finally looked at them and said calmly "anyone finished may leave", all the Slytherins Neville, Fay and Hermione Granger left. The Slytherins and Neville decided to get to know Fay better so they all decided to go to the library as they all had a free period until 12:30 which was lunch.