83. You're Stalked - Ashton

Part 2/4

...
Requested by:
@AshleyKeel3
...

Okay so if I double update today, do you guys want the next part in this topic, or the Chapter 80 Broken Home Song Preference from Luke?

Ashton:  
"Y/N, hurry up! If we're late to class again we're gonna get a detention. And that'll be on my permanent record. Then I can't get into Harvard. Then I'll have to go to community college and-" You turned to give your best friend an eye roll. You loved her, but she was wound up too tight, especially when it came to her grades. She just needed to take a deep breath and relax a little, it would do her good.

"Don't worry Madame President, it'll only take me a second to grab my math book," you sighed and turned to your locker.

"I know I know. I just ughhhh," she groaned and rubbed her face, "my parents are so worried about my one A- that they're about ready to send me off to summer school."

"Well don't let them see my grades then," you snorted as you twisted the combination lock. Right, left, right, you always had to remind yourself or you'd forget.

"Yeah but you have a cool mom, and Ashton, they encourage you to get good grades, my parents just expect them," she pouted and shifted the textbooks in her hands.

"Tell them that the best life advice ever given to anyone was to lower your expectations," you grinned as the door popped open.

"Yeah yeah yeah I know, now hurry up slowpoke," she giggled.

"I'm hurrying geez," you said playfully as you traded your heavy History textbook for your slightly less heavy Math textbook. 

But while you were prodding around in your ever-messy locker, something fluttered out and to the ground.

"You dropped something," Y/BFF/N said, bending down to pick up the object before it fluttered into the crowd of people and was lost.

"What is it?" You asked, closing the door and turning to look at what she was holding. It was a small white envelope, it looked handmade, about the size of of Y/BFF/N's hand.

"A letter maybe?" She giggled excitedly and flipped it over. The back had a big heart with your name in the center. "Ooooooo! Y/N, someone likes you!" She chirped excitedly, handing it to you.

"How peculiar," you tried not to blush as you took it from her, "who do you think left it?"

"Who knows," she sighed dreamily, "but that's soooooo romantic. I wish my boyfriend did that for me."

You snorted and started walking toward your math classroom, "you didn't really pick a guy known for romantic gestures."

"Yeah I know," she rushed to catch up with you, "doesn't mean that I wouldn't appreciate one every now and then."

You smiled, "say it with me, lower your expectations."

"Shut up," she mumbled, her expression souring.

You threw your head back and laughed.

You opened the letter when your teacher was talking about sine curves. Not that you weren't totally into the wonderful world of trigonometry, you just had more interesting things to attend to. Namely, opening that letter.

Luckily for you, your teacher was ancient. She couldn't see you, let alone what you were doing, and her hearing was only marginally better. Y/BFF/N and Y/BFF/BF/N took advantage of this by sitting in the back of the room and doing who knows what. You preferred not to think of it.