31

- Sunday April 16th, 7;24 a.m -

- Lauren sat with the Cabello's at breakfast, listening to Sofi go on and on about her time at Disney world, and everything new in her life. Camila noticed how good Lauren was with Sofi, and soon realized she had forgotten just how much Sofi loved Lauren.

Camila's phone then went off again, it was another text from Keana, asking her to meet at the park. Camila gulped and Lauren gave her a look. "I-I have to go pick up Melanie from her therapist's office." Camila lied and Lauren only nodded. "I'll only be a short awhile." Camila added, "Can you stay here with me, Lauren?! Mami and papi have to go run errands." Sofi said and Sinu shook her head.

"Sofi, don't bother Lauren." Sinu ordered and Sofi frowned. "No! It's okay, I can watch her; it's no problem." Lauren offered causing Alejandro, Sinu, and Camila to give her a look. "Really it's fine, besides I'm sure you won't be long, right Camila?" Lauren asked and Camila nodded. "I'll be back fast." Camila said reassuringly. Sinu and Alejandro then exchanged looks, "I suppose we can cancel the babysitter." Alejandro said and Sofi smiled widely.

"But you have to be on your best behavior, okay?" Sinu asked the nine year old and Sofi nodded eagerly. "I will! Come on Lauren, let's go play with my barbies!" Sofi said excitedly as she stood up and grabbed Lauren's arm, pulling her away. "I'll be back soon!" Camila yelled out.

"So where are you really going?" Sinu asked once she knew Sofi and Lauren where in the younger girls room. Camila then furrowed her eyebrows, "To go pick up Melanie, like I said." Camila said bluntly. "Really? Because Melanie has therapy on Tuesday's and Wednesday's." Sinu said giving Camila a look. "I uh- I have to go talk to someone. It's no big deal." Camila said and Sinu sighed, "You know I don't like it when you keep secrets from us, Karla." Sinu said in a warning tone. "I mean, you never told us that you and Lauren were back together." The older woman added and Camila shook her head quickly.

"We're not! I mean- it's complicated." Camila admitted as she sighed. "Look Mami, I'll explain everything to you guys as soon as I figure it out too." Camila said tiredly as she stood up and walked off.

"When did our daughters life become so complicated?" Sinu asked staring at her husband, "I don't know mi amor, but I trust her." He said lightly.

-

"Are you and Kaki friends again?" Sofi asked out of nowhere as her and Lauren played with her barbies. "Uh, what?" Lauren asked, "You know, do you love her again?" Sofi asked. "Or do you still hate her?" Sofi asked again and Lauren stared at the younger girl.

"I never- I never hated her, Sofi." Lauren admitted and Sofi shot her a confused look, "But she said that you did." Sofi said and Lauren started to feel extremely guilty. "I was just hurt- I don't think you'd understand." Lauren admitted and Sofi stared at her, "Hurt because she left?" Sofi asked and Lauren only stared at the younger girl.

"Well, yes. There's a lot of other things too, but that's the main reason." Lauren said and Sofi frowned, "Kaki did more things to hurt you? Why would she do that?" Sofi asked, not fully understanding what Lauren was trying to say. "No- I mean, yes. But she didn't mean to. You see- how do I explain it? When two people love each other, sometimes they tend to hurt one another- and it's not on purpose, sometimes life just, well, happens." Lauren tried to explain.

Lauren stared at Sofi who still had a confused look on her face, which caused the older girl to sigh. "It's like when you get into an argument with your mom or dad, and you tell them that you hate them, do you mean it?" Lauren asked and Sofi shook her had quickly. "No, never!" Sofi answered and Lauren nodded, "That's what I meant whenever I said that I hated Camila. I didn't mean it, I was just upset. And sometimes when you're upset with the person you love the most; you say things that you don't mean." Lauren explained and Sofi only nodded in understanding.

"So that means you do love Camila?" Sofi asked and Lauren only stared at her, "Yeah, I suppose I do." Lauren said softly. "But don't tell her, she still thinks I hate her and it's funny." Lauren said winking and Sofi laughed loudly. "I won't!" Sofi said as she continued playing barbies and Lauren only sighed.

-
(Forty minutes earlier)

Camila walked up to the park and saw Keana sitting on a bench. She walked over to the brunette and sat down, "Keana I am so sor-" Camila started but was cut off by Keana. "Don't." Keana ordered and Camila only looked down.

"I asked you to meet me here because I want a reason as to why you stood me up." Keana said and Camila looked down, "I sat there for two hours like an idiot, waiting for you." Keana said angrily and Camila looked up at her. "Keana I really am sorry, it's just Lauren came by and-" Camila tried to explain but Keana cut her off again. "I should've known." Keana said scoffing.

"Keana it's not what you think-" Camila tried but was cut off, "It's not? So you're totally not in love with your ex girlfriend, and you two totally didn't hook up last night." Keana said sarcastically and Camila only stared at her, "Okay so maybe it is what you think, but I really am sorry." Camila tried to apologize but Keana only scoffed. "Why'd you even ask me out if you knew you were still in love with Lauren?" Keana asked and Camila sighed. "It's- It's complicated." Camila answered truthfully.

"It's always complicated with you two. When are you gonna realize that you can do so much better?" Keana asked in disbelief and Camila only stared down at her shoes. "I-I love her, Keana, I'm sorry." Camila answered quietly and Keana scoffed. "Yeah, I know." Keana replied as she stood up. "Don't expect me to call you again." Keana said as she stormed off, leaving Camila alone.

-

Camila's entire walk home was silent. She didn't know what to think about, she felt extremely bad for standing Keana up; and she also felt kind of bad for sleeping with Lauren.

Camila wondered why Lauren even kissed her at all yesterday, after all; she did hate her, right? At least that's what Camila keeps telling herself. But as many times as she says it, she still can't shake the fact that she is in love with Lauren, and wouldn't take back last night for anything. She could only hope that the green eyed girl felt the same.

Camila walked into her house and sighed. She then walked up the stairs and heard Sofi and Lauren, ad she stood outside of Sofi's door.

"So that means you do love Camila?" Sofi asked and Camila only furrowed her eyebrows, "Yeah, I suppose I do." Lauren said softly, causing Camila's eyes to go wide. "But don't tell her, she still thinks I hate her and it's funny." Lauren said in a light joking tone and Sofi laughed loudly. "I won't!" Sofi said.

Camila only stood there for awhile, frozen in shock. "Lauren still loves me?" Camila thought to herself.