Part 30

anyone else having a right anxiety attack at how godly harry sounds in sign of the times like Jesus Christ I'm here for this I'm here for his falsETTO

Word count: 3121
___________________________________

"And besides," he said. "We have to get you that tattoo on Friday."

I looked at him with wide eyes. "For real?"

"Of course, darling," he said and took a sip from his water glass. "I booked an appointment at my tattoo parlor for Friday afternoon."

My heart began to race just thinking about getting those two little birds tattooed on my skin. Where would I get it?

"Are you nervous?" Harry asked after a few seconds of silence.

I shrugged. "I mean, a little. I don't want it to hurt."

"It won't hurt," he chuckled. I rolled my eyes and took a hold of his wrist, pushing his sleeve up and revealing the ink littering his skin.

"You also have probably a hundred of them. You're probably used to the pain by now." I commented, and he shrugged as he glanced down at his vast collection.

"I guess I kind of like the pain." He said. "It's relaxing."

I cringed and shook my head. "I can barely get shots at the doctor's office."

"It'll be fine, I'll be right beside you." He said as his thumb rubbed lightly on the back of my hand.

"I'm putting my entire life in your hands."

He groaned with an eye roll but he still smiled at my over-dramatization.

After dinner, Harry went into his office to do some more paperwork. He wanted to get as much as he could completed before he left. I had asked him if he planned on having someone else come in to take his place but he assured me that Liam would be fit to run the department without him.

"Does Liam not like me?" I asked out of the blue. Harry blinked a few times and stopped writing his notes, glancing in my direction as I stood by his bookshelf.

"Why do you ask?" He asked.

I shrugged. "He just seems off every time I stop by. He doesn't seem fond of me."

Harry sighed and leaned back in his chair, running his fingers through his hair. He patted his lap, motioning for me to come sit. I walked over and carefully sat down on his leg, one arm going around his shoulders and the other unconsciously drifting to the buttons on his shirt, twisting them between my fingers.

"He's just worried I'm making a mistake," he sighed, and I frowned in confusion. "He thinks that I shouldn't be fancying a woman much younger than me and that it could cause backlash for my company."

"Backlash?" I repeated, and he pursed his lips together as he exhaled through his nostrils.

"My private life is exactly what I've made it to be, which is private, so not many people know what goes on day to day." He explained. "The public knew of my divorce and it took a toll on my work and I wasn't putting in as much passion into my clothing as I had been. But, now after I've come back from that, Liam thinks the same thing is going I happen if the public becomes aware of my relation to you."

I felt a little struck with hurt; did Liam really not like me that much? "What have you told him?"

"I've only told him to mind his own fûcking business and not worry about me and my relationships." He said as he played with my hair. "He's not my father. I can do what I want."