41: Thank you

Try if you can. Brat.

- Jhiro

💟💟💟

* cough *

* cough *

I was dizzy and my throat, nose and lungs hurts. It was blurry at first but when I finally saw the anxious face of my husband, my heart and soul sank.

" Thank God...you — uu.."

Jhiro...he's crying.

I thought it was the sea water but it was his tears and snot combining. Hindi ko alam kung matatawa ba ako o maaawa because of the uncharacteristic display of Jhiros emotion but when he hugged me and cried out loud kahit sobrang daming mga tao at lifeguards sa paligid I felt guilty and sad. I hugged him too. I thought matetegi na talaga ako—kami!?

" S-shin! "

I shouted. But when I saw Mr. and Mrs. Lee hugging the small kid na naka wrapped sa isang blanket at matamang nakatitig saamin I was relieved. He's safe. I'm glad.

" You—have the guts to worry about others.." I heard Jhiro muttered. He stopped crying and for some reason pakiramdam ko nag eemit siya nang super dark aura.

He's Mad.

As in VERY- VERY MAD

Niluwagan niya ang pagkakayakap saakin at inabot ang isang blanket na hawak nang isang lifeguard. He wrapped it around me at bumaling sa gawi ni Mr. and Mrs. Lee. He stared down at the motionless kid.

Gulp.

" J- Jhiro—"

I called him out sounding anxious.

" YOU LITTLE BRAT! how can you jump in to the water just like that!? Are you trying to kill your self!? If that's the case then don't drag my Wife with you! Think about the people around you! Didn't you think about how your grandparents were worried sick for you? It's not your fault that your Mother died but you have to think about those people who love and worried about you now! You ungrateful Brat! "

Sigaw ni Jhiro.

" ... "

He snapped.
And we're all dumbfounded for a second, even Mr. and Mrs. Lee was so shocked about Jhiros outburst. Sobrang na tahimik ang buong lugar. Tanging ang malakas na hangin at kampay lamang nang alon ang maririnig hanggang umatungal ang napakalakas na iyak ni Shin. Hindi tulad nang iyak nito noon. It was a month or a year worth of tears I guess. He was crying so loud pakiramdam ko maiiyak din ako. Until the two old people hugged him and cried too. He was sobbing when he said.

" I-I'm sorry.. Nai Nai, YéYé— *hic* waaahhh-! " Iyak ni Shin habang niyayakap ang dalawang matanda. It was heart breaking yet my heart felt warm for a reason. As expected, Jhiro — you're amazing.

AN/: ( nai nai = mandarin <Chinese> of Grandma. yéyé = Grandpa 'fathers side' )

***

Awkward silence.

Ito ngayon ang bumabalot saamin ni Jhiro. I'm on bed wrapped in a warm comforter and forced to wear Jhiros Big yet comfy Pjs. He was sitting beside the bed. He was looking down motionless without looking at me. He's so quiet na pakiramdam ko mabibingi ako sa tunog nang air conditioner. I was nervous to speak. Should I say.. I'm sorry? Thanks?

Ugh,

" J-Jhiro...galit ka? " I said instead.

Shunga ka talaga minsan Chiyo! Malamang galit na galit! Itatanong mo pa talaga kita mo na ngang hindi na nagsasalita?