Chapter 43

"Who's Donovan?". He asked again when I didn't answer.

"Donovan?". I repeated playing dumb. "Who's Donovan? Do you know a Donovan? That's a strange name. I don't know a Donovan".

I said and he glared at me.

"I'm serious". I laughed taking Jason's hand. "We should go out for dinner. What do you guys think?".

He completely ignored me. "Jason who is Donovan?". He asked not moving his gaze from me.

"Florine's dad".

"And who is Florine?".

"The student who got me in trouble". He said and Hunter immediately turned to look at him.

"You were fighting with a girl?". He asked and Jason laughed.

"No he is a boy".

"Humm. What's his last name?". He asked and I gasped.

Jason was about to open his mouth when I stepped in.

"Enough investigation. So we are going out". I repeated.

Hunter looked at me blankly. "I want his last name".

I gaped at him. "You don't need it".

"Yes I do". He stated before turning to Jason. "I'm picking you up from school tomorrow".

"No you're not". I said crossing my arms across my chest.
"I am the one doing that".

"Then we're both going".

"Have you lost your mind?". I asked.

"And he kept looking at mommy". Jason said again and this time I looked at him warningly.

"I'm going to stitch your lips together if you open your mouth again". I said.
"Don't think I wouldn't. I brought you to this world, I can easily take you out of it".

"Sorry!". He yelled running toward the stairs and up to his room.

When he left Hunter turned to me.

"What else did he say?". He asked and I shook my head.

"Nothing". I sighed. "He just asked. And I said no". I said taking a step toward him.
"Will you calm down?".

"Did you tell him you were taken?". He asked expectantly.

"I didn't need to. Jason made it perfectly clear". I said furrowing my eyebrows.
"Speaking of Jason. I'm not done with this young man". I said trying to walk past him.

He grabbed my arm pulling me back to him.
"Jason is not the problem now. Donovan is".

"How is he a problem? He thought I was single". I said.

"Asking my wife for dinner is a problem". He said clenching his jaw.

"You are completely crazy". I chuckled.

"I never denied it".

I raised my eyebrows at him as he started moving closer to me. I just stood there until he came right in front of me.
He looped an arm around my waist and pulled me closer to his body.

"So nobody would be really blaming me if I locked you up in the house". He said seriously.

I laughed lightly. "Like that one time you lock me up in your room so I wouldn't go see that boy in my class for our project".