Chapter 26 - My precious ones

Xander's P.O.V.

Sophia was not talking to me much in the last few days. But, she had softened a little even though she didn’t forgive me completely.

She was going shopping with my mother today. I got up early to get ready for a meeting I had at the company. She was sleeping still and I kissed her lips. Then I kissed her belly and rubbed her belly.

I hired a housekeeper. I didn’t want her to stay at home alone when I was not home.

Sophia's P.O.V.

Xander was not in the bedroom. He had a meeting this morning. I felt sick and ran to the bathroom. After I washed my face, I put on my clothes. I didn’t feel well. I couldn’t eat anything. I only drank a glass of orange juice. Today, I was going shopping with Xander's mother. I grabbed my bag and went to the shopping center.

We arrived at the shopping mall and Luke opened the door for me as I got out of the car

We arrived at the shopping mall and Luke opened the door for me as I got out of the car. Suddenly, I felt dizzy. Luke caught me quickly and asked, "Are you alright, Mrs. Knight?"

"I'm better now. I got up so quickly that my head began to spin," I answered him.

I went in. I met up with Elena. My phone rang. It was Xander. "Hi."

"How are you? Luke said you felt dizzy," he said.

"Weren’t you in a meeting?"

"Yes, but when Luke called I left to talk. You're the most important thing to me."

"…I'm fine now. I just felt dizzy. Don't worry."

"Are you with my mother?" he asked.

"Yeah."

"Okay, be careful. Go home if you don’t feel well. Okay?"

"Ok. Bye." I hung up and went into the store where Xander's mother was. A little later, Luke came towards us. He said that Xander had sent him to check on me. Xander worried about my well-being because I felt dizzy.

A few hours later, we went to the cafe. We drank something and left. My head started to spin again and my vision darkened.

Xander's P.O.V.

After the meeting, I was going to my office. My phone rang; it was my mother. Sophia didn’t feel well today and I worried. I quickly picked up the call, "Mom, what happened? Is Sophia fine?"

"Xander, Sophia fainted. We're going to the hospital."

"Which hospital?" I asked her.

I left quickly when my mother said Sophia fainted. I drove to the hospital faster. I was worried about Sophia and our baby.

I parked my car in front of the hospital and got out of the car quickly. Luke was waiting for me. When he saw me, he came close but wasn't able to get close because I ran towards him.

 When he saw me, he came close but wasn't able to get close because I ran towards him

"Mr. Knight."

"Where is she?"

"This way, Mr. Knight."

I went into the room; my mother was there. Sophia's eyes were closed. I went beside her and held her hand. I kissed her forehead and whispered, "My angel." I placed my hand on her stomach. "How are they, mom? Are they alright? Did the doctor check them?"

"Yes, but he will come again. He said that he's waiting for the blood test results." I sat in the chair next to her. I kissed the top of her hand. My mother came closer to me and stroked my hair while saying, "Don't worry! They are fine."

"Mom, if anything happens to them, I won’t be able to live."

"Nothing will happen to them! Calm down," she assured me.

Sophia's P.O.V.

I was in the hospital when I opened my eyes. Xander was holding my hand. His mother was with us. After I opened my eyes, Xander stood up and said, "Are you alright? I was worried about you."

"I was scared too," I said and he kissed my forehead. "How's the baby?"

"The doctor didn’t say anything. He is waiting for the test results. He will come," Xander said while holding my hand.

The doctor came. After looking at the results in his hand, he said, "Everything is normal. Only your blood sugar is low. Did you eat something this morning?"

"No…I felt really bad in the morning…so I couldn’t eat anything in the morning," I whispered. Xander was a little angry. But he was trying not to show.

"Yes, that must be the reason. Also, your nausea should pass gradually. You are 3 months pregnant. Nausea is normal in the first trimester."

Xander's mother looked at Xander and I. But she did not say anything. I looked at Xander. He stroked my hair and looked at me with a don't worry look.

The doctor went out after telling us we could go. Xander helped me stand up. He wrapped his arms around my waist. I leaned against him. He gave my bag to Luke. His mother followed us. We arrived at his car and Xander opened the door and helped me to get in. He gave me my bag and closed the door.

Xander's P.O.V.

"Luke will drop you off."

"Okay, son. Call me if something happens…we need to talk later."

"Okay, mom." I knew what she wanted to talk about. She hugged me and said goodbye to Sophia. I got in the car and asked her, "Are you okay?"

"I'm fine. Don’t worry!" she said with a smile. She placed her hand on her stomach.

When we came home, we went to our bedroom. I helped her lie down. I took my jacket off and put it on the couch. I went downstairs and told the housekeeper to make dinner. I told her that I was taking the tray and went upstairs. She smiled when she saw me.

"Dinner time," I said.

"We're so hungry," she said while rubbing her stomach. After she ate dinner, I called the housekeeper and gave her the tray. She went out and closed the door behind her. Sophia rested her head on my shoulder. I wrapped my arm around her. I placed my hand on her stomach and rubbed her stomach.

"Both of you scared me very much today. I cannot live if anything happens to both of you. You are my precious ones."

"I am scared too, for our baby," she said and placed her hand on top of my hand.