15 - THE CALL

"Where is she?" a deep gloomy voice from a cave demanded. He told his first apprentice to accomplish the task he gave her yet she did not come back for the news. "She'll be back soon, don't fret."

"Soon, that human boy will perish. I'm not in the mood to wait for her."

"Where are you going, master?" his second apprentice pleaded. When they left the cave's darkness, he tried convincing his master to stay and control his emotions. He may have his apprentice to calm him down but if his anger devours him once again, life will become non-existent. Each citizen will suffer from his great power and control. "I need to find her." He said sternly, his dark body turning into a black soul so he can journey to the grasslands.

"Even if she escapes from me, her mind is still under my control."

FINN'S POV

"So, where are you going to take me?" Y/n questioned.

I was wondering if I can take her to the Mystery Train, the dungeon (again), or maybe in this forest just to clear out some mind and might as well practice more. But the only thing I want to do is to be with her just for a while rather than doing nothing.

"Is everything alright, Finn?"

"Yeah. I was thinking of a place to stay for a while." I smiled. "How do you feel right now after being a hero for the day?" I nudged her arm.

"Of course it's awesome." Y/n grinned from ear to ear, her eyes shaping in an arc and her white teeth showing off.

"Oh, no!" She hurried next to a twitching bluebird from a pond as I hurried then, where she was rubbing the poor bird's head, "It's in pain." she frowned.

"Just lay it next to you and let it warm. I'll just gather up some twigs and sticks to build the bird a house." She nodded in response while petting the bird continuously, "Don't worry, little birdie. Finn will build you a house then you can stay there until tomorrow."

I scuffed near the fallen branches where I can collect some of them for the birdhouse. Just when I glance back to go back to Y/n, she left the bird shivering on the ground. I observed its damaged wing then tried searching for Y/n. "If only you can talk, you could have told me where she went," I glimpsed at the shivering bird again, carrying it onto my arms to find Y/n.

"Where did she go?"

"(Y/N)! (Y/N)!"

No one responds.

I searched both ways of the forest but I still can't find her. I continued walking with the bird in my arms until the bushes started moving where she stood there groggily.

"Where were you? Next time, if you want to go somewhere, just tell me. This forest can be dangerous too, you know." She lets out a sigh, replying with a small curve from her pinkish lips. One thing that I noticed about her was the necklace. It was glowing dark red to its original color and her head seems to move a little back and forth. "Are you okay?" I held out my palm to touch her forehead, "I'm fine." she suddenly shove my hand and her voice sounded stern. Was that fine? How did she become moody all of a sudden?

"O-okay?" I shrugged, even if it was unusual for her to act like this after coming out of the bush back there.

---

"I told you I'm fine!" Y/n shouted, her eyes are glaring at me sharply as if the glass I was holding will break. Fine, she says, huh? What's with the unusual tone if she was fine? There's something weird about her. After stepping out of the bush back at the forest, she changed very indecently. So you're telling me that the bush did this to you? Heesh.

"Finn, I'm home!" Jake entered from the doorway while carrying a donut in his hand, "Is (Y/n) okay? Why is she warping her face like that?"

"She's... she's just having bad mood swings." Jake squinted his eyes at me, probably aware that I was stuttering. Are girls really like that?

"Is it today?" I gave him a look, clueless about what he was talking about. "What today?" he sighed then continued, "Was it her time of the month?"

"Uh, I have no idea, Jake. I don't even know what you're saying." I snorted.

---

(The next day...)

I slid my blanket off of me while stretching myself on the comfy sheets of my bed. I rubbed my eyes and ruffled my blonde hair like I always do when I'm stressed. Every night, I take my hat off to let my medium hair fall down and in the morning, I ruffle them before wearing my hat on.

What does Y/n feel now?

"Hi," Y/n spoke from a distance. I immediately sat up straight, grabbing my hat to put it on but she stopped me unexpectedly. "It's fine if you stay without the hat," she looked down while having pecks of blush on her cheeks, "Sorry about yesterday. It's just...I'm not feeling well." she looked up with a soft gaze. "It's fine. I just got worried because you became irritated. I know it may be strange to ask this question but were you having something today?" she rose an eyebrow, clueless about what I've said.

"Oh, never mind. I understand. I'm not in that kind of situation, it's just I wasn't feeling well but don't worry the sleep made it feel better. Shall we grab breakfast now? I'm really feeling hungry." She beamed then grabbed me by my hand as we scurry down the ladder where Jake was cooking. "Meatloaf?" I asked Jake while he hummed to answer. Y/n and I sat down near the dining table while we seemingly feed ourselves with the smell elevating all over the tree fort. I smiled at her then she smiled back which brought us to wait for our breakfast instead.

Jake placed two full-plate meatloaf dishes while BMO handed out two glasses of water on the table. I stared at her amused, at the fact that she started eating up greedily, almost halfway to finishing up. "When was the last time you eat?" she scowled then pouted, "S-sorry." I grinned sheepishly before I started eating.

"I'll just go out for fresh air," she spoke flatly while scuffing to the doorway where she took a step out of the tree fort silently. 

"Don't go far away," Jake warned as she answered a quick nod. I spun my fork blankly whilst staring at the meatloaf, bewildered, "I don't think she's fine." I whispered to myself but I was interfered with by Jake who stared at me, supposedly eavesdropping on what I've said, "I don't think so too."

I looked up to meet his eyes then widened them "You do?"

"Yeah. Last night, I heard her all tossing around her bed, her blanket sliding off her. I tried sleeping with the rustle of her blanket but she's too noisy. What actually happened when I was out?"

"I don't know. After petting the wounded pigeon back at the forest, she became unusual all of a sudden." I stood up from the dining table, adjusting my backpack tightly until Jake gave me a long steady face of confusion."So you're telling me that the bird did this to her? That's hilarious!"

After she showed up from the shrubs, she became woozy and her necklace glowed darkly. If it changes that quickly, would the necklace change her too?

"Y/n!"

Finn, if you're hearing this, I may not be staying with you for a while. I have an urge to do something and I have decided to come up with this.

"Jake, she's not here!"

I have decided to save my sister.

❇ ❇ ❇

- edited