Chapter 28

Chapter 28
• • •

        Well, it was about a week and a half later, and i had made absolutely no progress in my 'get over Ashton' mission.

We had one fighting lesson since the first one. Let's just say it was... interesting.

[flashback]

"OH MY GOD!! Sorry!! Sorry- I'm sorry!" I apologized as Ashton rolled around on the floor, holding his crotch.

"God damn," he grunted and laid flat on the ground, staring up at the ceiling. I look of utter pain was painted perfectly across his face.

"I'm sorry," I repeated, my hands still over my mouth.

"You've said that," he said and slowly sat up.

"But I am," I comment.

He finally stood up, wincing in pain.

"I get it. Let's try it again, and this time try to avoid kicking me in the balls," he said.

I went through the moves, but I just couldn't follow through with the skill.

"Okay, okay. Let me show it on you one more time." He said and I sighed. I positioned myself in front of him, and slowly went at him like I was going to force myself on him.

This time, he took it slow. A little bit too slow for my comfort zone... But it was the perfect speed for the hormonal-teenager side of me.

He slowly spun me to face away from him with a different simple maneuver he had taught me, and I tried not to shudder as one of his hands sensually felt it's way from my waist to my hips. I didn't remember him telling me to do that..

My hand instinctually raised up and rested on his arm as he held me firmly against him. This wasn't how I remembered the instructions, but I sure as hell wasn't complaining.

His deep, almost husky voice was going over the steps with me while he did them. I tried to pay attention, but I couldn't.

At one point of the move, he had his arms wrapped around my waist, my back to his chest. My breath hitched as he slid one of his hands from my waist to my shoulder, as the move instructed.

I spun around to face him, as I would in the move, and looked at him in the eyes. He stopped going through the move.

We just stood there, looking into each other's eyes. His arms were interlocked with mine. This was the part of the move where he safely flips me into the ground.

He didn't.

For what felt like an eternity, we remained. Lost in each other's eyes.

Our breathing was slightly heavier than usual as I stared up at him, watching as his jaw clenched and unclenched. He repositioned his hands to rest on the small of my back, the tips of his fingers slipping less than an inch under the waistband of my shorts. I just stood frozen, it was as if a euphoric spell had been cast on me.

Not knowing what the hell I was doing, I rested my hands on his chest and then carefully slid them up to the sides of his neck. I literally had no fucking clue what prompted me to do that, but it just felt right. His breath hitched when my fingers touched his soft skin.

I brought my eyes back up to meet his burning gaze, but then I could have sworn I saw his eyes flicker down to my lips as he subconsciously pulled me tighter into him, his fingers lifting back out from my waistband as his hands slid a little higher up my back, making my insides absolutely buzz. I tried not to think about his ab muscles as they were pressed against up me, knowing I would start blushing like crazy- even though I probably already was.