Theo Raeken - "This is going to hurt."

"Do something!" Theo screamed while the ground beneath your feet was shaking. "Stop them!" Theo curled his fingers around Scott's ankles. He looked smaller than ever, he looked more vulnerable than ever and he looked almost like the normal teenage boy he was supposed to be. "Please!"

You couldn't move. Your muscles were frozen and your heart was racing in your chest while you tried to understand what was actually going on.

"Don't let them do this to me!" Theo now curled his hand around your leg and you shook your head while you licked your lips.

You had no idea what you could do. You were only human. You had no super speed. You had no super strength. You didn't have the illusion that you could somehow beat a pack of werewolves, a werecoyote, a kitsune and a banshee.

"He's not worth it." Malia wrapped an arm around your shoulder while she tried to pull you away from Theo, Kira and the shaking earth. "He tried to kill Scott!" She screamed to make sure that Theo would hear her despite the overwhelming sounds of a very local earthquake.

"Every villain is nothing but a hero in it's own story..." You whispered. You knew Theo wasn't a monster. You knew he was more than a ruthless killer. You knew that he had only done and would only do what he had to do to survive.

"(Y/N)!" Theo screamed your name and without even thinking about it you freed yourself from Malia's embrace and grabbed his hand.

"It's too strong..." You realised your mistake as soon as your feet started sliding. The power trying to pull Theo below, was now pulling you along with him, but letting his hand go wasn't an option. Letting his hand go had never been an option.

"Keep trying!" Theo screamed back and he tightened his grip on your hand while you tried to hold onto everything you could find. "They will save you. Hold onto me and they'll save us both." Theo locked his glance with yours and you nodded, even though you weren't as sure about the pack saving you as Theo seemed to be.

"We can't let him do this." Scott's eyes were filled with panic, but the rest of the pack was just staring at you without even moving an inch. "We agreed to defeat Theo, not (Y/N)." Scott shook his head, but no one reacted.

"You can't save everyone, Scott. All she has to do is letting Theo go. It's her choice to make, not yours." Stiles shook his head and placed a hand on his best friend's shoulder.

You knew that you had to let go. You could even feel Theo letting you go, but you held onto him and you only started screaming when there was now ground to hold onto anymore, when you and Theo were falling into the unless nothing.

"What did you do?" Theo hissed between his teeth and he moaned when his head hit the floor. "You were supposed to save me! Not to end up here with me!"

You wanted to answer but you screamed again when it felt like all your bones were breaking. "I couldn't just let you go..." You kept your eyes closed and waited until the pain faded again. "Are we dead now?" You spoke softly and Theo crawled towards you, protectively wrapping his arms around your bruised body.

"No, this is worse than that." He took a deep breath and you opened your eyes. He was afraid. He was even more afraid of this place than he had been of dying. "I know one thing for sure. This is going to hurt."